How to install Mavericks WITHOUT AHCI?
4 4

Question

I have iAtkos L2 (Lion) installed on my hackintosh and working fine. I downloaded Niresh's Mavericks as he said this will work without AHCI in one of his posts. I can install it but then it gets stuck on the apple logo. If I use IOATAFamily.kext it gives me a kernel panic.

In iAtkos L2 there was a kext clearly named "No AHCI" which I selected while installing and everything installed fine. Why is Niresh's one so complicated? Please provide clear instructions.

This is my ONLY problem. I don't have AHCI. Niresh said I can install mavericks without AHCI. How? I've searched this forum for people with similar problem but you people just seem to steer away from this AHCI thing?

How do I install mavericks WITHOUT AHCI (Niresh said it can be done)?? This is getting really annoying man

post-14939-0-89297300-1391021634_thumb.j

13 answers to this question

@Niresh with all those screenshots which you sent me (personally) its not an ahci problem

its caused because of you graphics card i thinks its 8400GT nvidia 

its old and need custom kexts to make it working so in the Installation customize section select the package backup graphics extensions

so you could be able to boot in VESA Graphics get working kexts of 8400 GT From internet then, Install the official backup graphics kexts of Mavericks

those are in /Backup folder

after that install the 8400 GT Kexts which you got from internet

then open terminal execute the following command

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache

then restart your computer

as i said the distro supports non AHCI, as it supports it you was able to install it first time

but it was your graphics caused the apple logo

Thanks 

Well why didnt you ask Niresh how to do it? :)

1 person likes this

try to install it if you won't see your HDD in Disk Utility then you need to enable Ahci , lastest or some manufacturer already has it enabled ...

I can select my partition and everything man. It installs fine. Then  it gets stuck on the apple logo. I booted in verbose mode and it gets stuck at WAITING FOR DSMOS...the installation is very quick by the way, about 15 minutes and at the time of install there's not much visible hard drive activity...what is wrong?

will you post image where you got stuck

I have the exact same problem. Is there any fix for that? I installed it successfully, but when I try to boot into OS X, the apple logo appears, the spinning thing appears, but it never boots. After spinning stops, the monitor says "No VGA signal" although the computer stays on.

I have the exact same problem. Is there any fix for that? I installed it successfully, but when I try to boot into OS X, the apple logo appears, the spinning thing appears, but it never boots. After spinning stops, the monitor says "No VGA signal" although the computer stays on.

Try to use another DVI Port i had the same issue but this is, when OS X recognizes your 2nd DVI-Port as 1st.. I also have the Problem on my pc, i can run it on AHCI without Problems but Windows is on an RAID, so i got no AHCI but SCSI :( OS X can't recognize my HDDs on RAID or IDE but it does work on ahci :(

Try to use another DVI Port i had the same issue but this is, when OS X recognizes your 2nd DVI-Port as 1st.. I also have the Problem on my pc, i can run it on AHCI without Problems but Windows is on an RAID, so i got no AHCI but SCSI :( OS X can't recognize my HDDs on RAID or IDE but it does work on ahci :(

Man, I tried that too. (My CPU doesnt have a DVI port, but it has a HDMI port) I tried the HDMI port, but it still does the same thing. So there is no solution ? I really wanted to try Mavericks. 

I can select my partition and everything man. It installs fine. Then  it gets stuck on the apple logo. I booted in verbose mode and it gets stuck at WAITING FOR DSMOS...the installation is very quick by the way, about 15 minutes and at the time of install there's not much visible hard drive activity...what is wrong?

http://www.hackintosh.zone/hackintosh/articles/how-to/fix-grey-screen-black-screen-mac-os-x-installation-hackintosh/

http://www.hackintosh.zone/hackintosh/articles/how-to/fix-grey-screen-black-screen-mac-os-x-installation-hackintosh/

PLEASE start searching for a way to fix your problem on this website BEFORE asking for help, it says so in the forum rules. The forum rules also say that you have to post your specs. For the next time. Read them and search on www.hackintosh.zone for a solution before you post something.

@ Ok what do you with -v (Verbose) do you see still waiting for root device ?

I backup my nvidia kexts , then already in the system tried to install the nvidia kexts but i got an error. (nvidia 8400gs )

can not installed so decided to stop and keep using M_lion. It is work very fine ( i have a backup system just Restored )