Can't Boot To Install

Question

Hi all, I try to install 10.8.5 to my pc but I stuck at boot. When I boot uefi I got stuck like thatPosted Image

And when I boot normally (efi) it justs go to same place like in picture and then force restarts.

My pc spec:

Cpu: Intel i5 - 4570 3.4 ghz (haswell)

Ram: 8 GB DDR3 (2x4)

Video: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 660 2gb

Motherboard: Asrock h87m

Please Help!!

I tryed booting with these flags: -v -f -s -x npci=0x3000, GraphicsEnabler=No and that didn't help

2 people like this

5 answers to this question

I have the same problem on:

AMD Phenom II 945

4gb DDR2

6870 Saphire

Downloaded the latest 10.8.5 iso on USB stick using TransMac. Upon startup Niresh bootloader popped up, I selected Boot OS X from 10.8.5 or something like that.

for the AMD go to options > you should all kinds of boot flags go there press enter then go all the way to the beginning of the flags type "kernel=amd" -v without qoutes ofcourse and you should boot , had the problem 2 first now im stuck @ the installation screen with a not working keyboard & mouse

My computer restart when i select boot osx 10.8.5 for the installation ,why ?

The Stuck is Because of Clover Boot-Options Try to Edit Them or Boot Using Chameleon to Boot Using Chameleon You must Press 2 While Booting on Legacy/ Non-UEFI

I also tried installing Niresh Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my computer.  I tried installing through VirtualBox and keep getting stuck right after this error:

WARNING! IOPlatformPluginUtility : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c

I tried using different combos of boot flags such as -v -x -f cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 etc.

My Specs:

Intel i5 4200M w/ Intel HD Graphics 4600

8 GB ram 1 tb hard drive

Lenovo z410

*Also I am booting through VirtualBox in legacy mode as UEFI doesn't virtualize very well with VB.  Any suggestions?