Question

hy,

i've just installed Mavericks

my configuration is as follows:

MB: Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G Rev. 1.1

CPU: Intel C2Duo E7200 / 2,53 MHz

RAM: 4GB DDR 2 800 Mhz

VGA: nVidia GT 440 Gainward 512 Mb/128 bits DDR 5

using a crap HDD 2,5" 160Gb (testing purpose atm)

i used USB hdd installer, followed install using the default packages and all went ok but no proper boot.

i had problems with the VGA (black screen- monitor going off when should enter os)

after several try-outs (graphicsenabler=no/yes, -s, -v, x etc....) i managed to enter os and installed some Palit GT 430 kext making the card appearing like GT 430 1024 MB

for the moment seems to work ok.

+ CUDA drivers 5.2.28

i also have a Creative SB Audigy4 which seems that will not work on Mavericks...i'll check as next step.

3 answers to this question

hy,

i've just installed Mavericks

my configuration is as follows:

MB: Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G Rev. 1.1

CPU: Intel C2Duo E7200 / 2,53 MHz

RAM: 4GB DDR 2 800 Mhz

VGA: nVidia GT 440 Gainward 512 Mb/128 bits DDR 5

using a crap HDD 2,5" 160Gb (testing purpose atm)

i used USB hdd installer, followed install using the default packages and all went ok but no proper boot.

i had problems with the VGA (black screen- monitor going off when should enter os)

after several try-outs (graphicsenabler=no/yes, -s, -v, x etc....) i managed to enter os and installed some Palit GT 430 kext making the card appearing like GT 430 1024 MB

for the moment seems to work ok.

+ CUDA drivers 5.2.28

i also have a Creative SB Audigy4 which seems that will not work on Mavericks...i'll check as next step.

i installed the kXAudioDriver-1.11b0 -not working 5.1 and the control panel not working neither i have just volume up and down :) but is still something . 

Already 2 weeks of using the Mavericks, updated to 10.9.1, installed all the app's i need and everything is working well. The only con* is that sometimes (especialy if i don't close all running task's/app's) the system is not shutting down properly. (case remains powered on).