TL-WN725N [USB]

1 post in this topic

Hey all I though I'd post about WN725N.

Its is a USB Wifi adapter, it costs between £7-10 in the UK at PCWorld Argos etc.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-WN725N

To get it working I used a installer which is located on another site which I'm not sure If I can link so all I suggest is googling "WN725N Hackingtosh" and its the first link.

I got this on the intention to be installed on my 10.7.3 laptop but for some reason the Wireless Network Utility didn't load at all. I had already tried it on my desktop which is running Mavericks so I installed that on my laptop and worked straight off after installing the kexts and utility (all in one package :) ). Your mileage may vary on what it works on but for me 10.7.3 didn't work and two installs on two totally different machines on 10.9 & 10.9.1 worked fine, so do with that what you will.

But all I can say is for my use on my laptop it works perfectly small so it doesn't get in the way I have yet to have any drop outs from it which is all good and for the price its worth a punt :D.

Mat

Update!

This caused crashing on 10.9 and 10.9.1. I'm not sure why but it does. I've tried lots of driver versions and no luck, I've gone to ML 10.8 which had 1 kernal panic but after updating to 10.8.5 and my laptop has been on all day with it connected and no issues have raised yet.