Intel hd 4000 graphics problem
4 4

Question

Hai guys I am new to mackintosh but I managed to install niresh mavericks 10.9 in my sony vaio svf14 series laptop .sound works out of box managed to get ethernet working but I don't know how to get my intel hd 4000 graphics to work . While installing mavericks I choose backup graphics kext and igpenabler=yes.But if I install the graphic kexts for hd 4000 I get black screen after booting.Then I have to install again my operating system.

If I didn't install graphics kext the screen flickers at some parts of video and browser. Please somebody explain to me step by step process to get the graphics fully working in my system. The below shown is  about my gpu displayed in system information

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0166

Revision ID: 0x0009

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

pls help !!!!!

27 answers to this question

Thanks deepak problem solved.I used IntelCapriFB=3 and now I have full 3d acceleration. Once again thanks for the help.

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0166

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1366 x 768 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Built-In: Yes

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO CONTROL SCREEN BRIGHTNESS.MY SCREEN IS TOO BRIGHT AND I HAVE NO OPTIONS TO CONTROL BRIGHTNESS IN SETTINGS AND MY FN+F5 IS NOT WORKING WITH BRIGHTNESS CONTROL.
1 person likes this

Need A bit of help here, Been trying to get the Intel HD 4000 driver loaded but no matter what I do it will not load. I am new at this but before I made this post I have read everything I could find to read on this topic. I just do not think it will work with my system. Sony Viao Tap 20 svj20213cxw  core i3 3217u, Intel 7 series/C216 chipset family SATA AHCI Controller, Integrated Intel HD 4000 Graphics. Is a touch screen all in one computer, but I don't care if the touch screen works. I have tried with InjectIntel-ig and the entire list of ID's and each time I get No Kext Loaded. However if I type kextstat its loaded. IGPEnabler is yes GraphicsEnabler is yes, tried several SMBIOS and no change. Mavericks 10.9. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi - I'm having exactly the same issue with similar hardware on the vaio with intel hd4000. any help would be appreciated.

I read it and used flag graphicsenabler=yes igpenabler=yes InjectIntel-ig=01660000now in system information i get this Intel HD Graphics 4000: Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x0166 Revision ID: 0x0009 Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded Displays:Display: Resolution: 1366 x 768 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yesbut no graphics acceleration.Now what to do?

I tried IntjectIntel-ig=04006601 and it worked full 3d acceleration with 1024 mb vram but the problem is my screen shows 4 desktops like in split screen . I will attach a photo of it.

post-15226-0-58439000-1392048468_thumb.j

try DSDT=Null or No ,,,plz show me your chameleon.plist in extra folder 

also what connector are you using ??? vga or hdmi or dvi ???

i use GraphicsEnabler=yes and InjectIntel-ig=04006601 at the time of boot.

I am using a laptop so don't know what connector is  for my display

My chameleon.plist .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Credits</key>
<string>www.hackintosh.zone</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 dart=0</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 dart=0</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>9</string>

change it from 0 to 11 which suites you better

change them as i told you ,,also delete kernel cache and rebuild it ,,if you don't know how to use this files ,open .sh file in terminal 

http://www.hackintosh.zone/index.php?/file/152-kernel-system-caches/

I set Backlight at boot with clover 

key>SystemParameters</key>
       <dict>
                <key>BacklightLevel</key>
                <string>0xFFFF</string>

Hey there, I've been reading the forum post and tried clicking the link  above as I have the exact same problem as SOUPER 2  & LEAGUE007   that I can't get the Intel HD 4000 graphics to work, is there a link to the step by step guide,

I have HP 250 G1 laptop with Intel HD4000  - I understand you need to inject the DSDT or something but as the links have moved and after searching the forums I am asking for any help  running Mavericks 10.9 ,   after update 10.9.2  gave me a black screen so back to 10.9

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0166

Revision ID: 0x0009

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

thanks

Thank you Deepak for the link now it's time to learn for me how to do some new stuff appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction :)

1 person likes this

Dude, I've Lenovo y580 I installed Atkos M with Intel Inject and ig-platform-id(01660003) Now it working 1024... Sellect intel injector. Good luck!

Cheers !!have a happy hackintoshing :)

hello deepak please help me my laptop is to much heat up and display jerk 

Hi i have issues trying to get full graphics acceleration on my laptop,  i installed the mavericks 10.9.0 ok and i make works everything but the video shows 64mb shares display

Installed the latest chameleon 2.2 2391 and change all the injectintel and intelcaprifb with all combinations with no effect on graphics acceleration

Acer v5 571pg 9814

8 gb 

1366 x 768

Optimus intel hd400 nvidia 710

Yvibridge