Freeze at the account creation.
1 1

Question

Hello everyone

I am new to OSX, and i have some problems getting it working on my configuration, here it is in details :

- Gigabyte Ga 890XA-UD3 Mainboard, (AHCI enabled).

- AMD Phenom II X4 945.

- SATA 320 go HDD (entirely dedicated to this installation, nothing else on it)

- 4Gb DDR2.

- Geforce 210 Graphic card.

i have installed the OSX Maverick 10.9.0 without any problems using the instructions given with it, and using the "AMD" flag at the installation startup, and it worked like a charm.

BUT...

at the first startup, i accept the conditions, i give an account name, etc...and then it freezes, (it runs about twenty seconds before freezing), and nothing to do but reset the PC and again and again...

is there someone here having a similar problem, and how to solve it ? is there's a way to add flags without fully reinstalling the system ?

(excuse me for these newbees questions but as said before, i am new to OSX and installations like these).

thanks in advance, and Hello from France

11 answers to this question

ok, some news:

I managed to go through the account screens, by adding the "-X" flag at startup, then i re-started without any flags.

hoping it'll help you, the baby keeps working like a charm since then...

1 person likes this

Happy to hear this, actually I solved this problem some weeks ago, it was a problem with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext  :)

I have another problem concerning the sound kext...(i presume)

I had a "sound blaster audigy" in this machine when I installed OSX, I had to put this soundcard in another machine for some reasons, then I reactivated the onboard soundchip, (Realtek ALC892), I don't know if I had sound before, cause I didn't test it then, but now, when i go to the "sound panel" i only see 4 "digital-out (HDMI)" lines but nothing about my realtek audio chip...

I installed then the right Kext from the "multibeast mavericks edition" from here, but it's pretty much the same...no "Realtek ALC892"...

any ideas ?

great, I try this as soon as the updates are finished, but just to make things right, how do you delete these "old" audio Kext, I mean, where can i found them in my system ?

Sorry for my error, I remembered that you don't actually need to do anything, the application should automatically delete the old kext and it will also make a backup of it  :)

I try it now and let you know when it's good ;)

edit : i can't download this Kext cause it says :

"You may not download any more files until your other downloads are complete"

but i haven't got any files downloading right now...i just downloaded the "multibeast mavericks edition" this morning...and it worked well... :(

here I am again, just to give you the answer to my sound problems :

i installed the AIO sound solution but it didn't work either, so I decided to format/reinstall OSX, (i didn't had anything i had to save, since it was a fresh install), and then I directly had sound, so everything works just fine now, and thanks a lot for your helpfull answers.