Maverick 10.9.0 installed but when started after the boot showing black screen and voice over
1 1

Question

Hello please help me solve this.... i m trying to install mac since a week tried a lot...

i am actually trying dual boot with my windows 8.1 and mac.... so i am installing mac in legacy mode on my SSD of 32GB....

i have installed mac on my dell inspiron 14z laptop with boot flag -x -v and without boot flag too.. both are not displaying anything... but voice over is always working just the display goes black....

my specification is

intel core i7 processor 3517U @ 1.90 GHz

4 Gb ram

Graphics :- intel HD Graphics 4000 and AMD radeon HD 7570

500 GB HDD and 32 GB SSD

please i would be so happy i would get the problems solution.....

thank you so much

32 answers to this question

I'm not that good with laptops (I hate them, and it's really hard to install OS X in some of them) but I will try to help you xD. Set HD4000 as default GPU from BIOS and try to install it with HD4000 (if it will work you could try to re-set Radeon as your default GPU to see if it works, if it doesn't you will have to use Mavericks with the HD4000). 

1 person likes this

thank u so much for helping me...

...in my dell system there is no option in the BIOS i looked at it

there is no option for choosing the graphics or disabling it...

but there is a option as intergated NIC.... enable or disable

Don't do anything to it, that's the network adapter, I will do some research (today I'm not that good so I have a lot of free time) and I will let you know!  ;)

I have some news, try to boot with these -v -f USBFix=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No

*edit* you can also try with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes (or GraphicsEnabler=No)

1 person likes this

ok i need to put this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist file right??? must i make a new line in it or paste in the script of kernel flag?????????

Maybe first is better if you write them before bootin and if they works you can write them in the .plist file.

-v -f should go in kernel flags, for GraphicsEnabler and USBFix you have to make new lines. 

<key>GraphicsEnabler<key>
<string>y</string>       ( or n for No)

<key>USBFix</key>
<string>y</string>

Hello please help me solve this.... i m trying to install mac since a week tried a lot...

i am actually trying dual boot with my windows 8.1 and mac.... so i am installing mac in legacy mode on my SSD of 32GB....

i have installed mac on my dell inspiron 14z laptop with boot flag -x -v and without boot flag too.. both are not displaying anything... but voice over is always working just the display goes black....

my specification is

intel core i7 processor 3517U @ 1.90 GHz

4 Gb ram

Graphics :- intel HD Graphics 4000 and AMD radeon HD 7570

500 GB HDD and 32 GB SSD

please i would be so happy i would get the problems solution.....

thank you so much

just boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRoot=1

both methods dint work it came the same black screen but the method of this friend of mine worked....

www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/1135-niresh-boots-to-black-screen-and-voice-over-tutorial/?p=5847

but no wifi and bit of flickering is there any way to solve it,...?

do  a fresh install this time make sure you have ticked option in customize like GraphicsEnabler=Yes PciRootUID=1 SkipAMDGfx=yes 

i couldnt find SkipAMDGfx=yes in the list... i searched a lot so leaving it rest all i ticked but this time after installing it stuck at the boot logo and  the loding circle kept on going and it dint load....

sorry i forgot this kernel flags  not added in niresh distros ,boot with -v ,,,post where you got stuck 

ok i will try without it.... i will add -v in kernel flag script and graphicenabler = yes and Pciroot = 1 and macbook 8.2 ok ??

SkipAMDGfx isn't in Niresh's distro, post an image in verbose mode (-v) so we can see what's you error

*edit* Well this reply is useless now xD

ok i will try without it.... i will add -v in kernel flag script and graphicenabler = yes and Pciroot = 1 and macbook 8.2 ok ??

have selected all these option while installating ??? if yes then no need 

i added -v in the kernal flag and choosed all the options and was stuck at boot with this error message

Posted Image

Did you selected AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext in the personalize tab?