White Screen, After Successful Installation

Question

so today i installed 10.8.5...

all the stuff worked nice the installer usb was fine.

it booted nicely.

but after installing when it came to booting to desktop after a couple of second on the apple logo and the circle...the screen went white completely and nothing happened

i tried restart a couple of times but hard luck..no progress at all

28 answers to this question

White Screen or Grey Screen Error is mostly caused by unsupported graphics or un detected graphics card (May need custom kexts)

While Installing In The Customization Section Select The Package "Backup Graphics Extensions"

You can boot in VESA Mode

so today i installed 10.8.5...all the stuff worked nice the installer usb was fine.it booted nicely.but after installing when it came to booting to desktop after a couple of second on the apple logo and the circle...the screen went white completely and nothing happenedi tried restart a couple of times but hard luck..no progress at all

if your useing intel graffics it might be your frame buffer kext

if your useing intel graffics it might be your frame buffer kext

try booting -x in single user mode and backup all your graphics kext

It was the ATISupport.kext. Could someone please walk me through getting graphics acceleration working tho? I tried the rampage dev way and everytime i tried to compile it game me many errors, i cant get video bios from my card if i use injectedid and atiinject it says radeon 7770 but with only 4mb of ram

Oh and if i try to use ati inject and load vbios together it freezes at amdvendregrapgicsaccelerator

It was the ATISupport.kext. Could someone please walk me through getting graphics acceleration working tho? I tried the rampage dev way and everytime i tried to compile it game me many errors, i cant get video bios from my card if i use injectedid and atiinject it says radeon 7770 but with only 4mb of ram

which version you are using  ..use10.8.5 boot with GraphicsEnabler=No 

i tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and it just gave me the white screen with the mouse...

i am currently using 10.8.5 as it was the first one that i could boot into with an fx kernel and actually run...i was trying to run it in the hopes that my card would work out of box...or atleast with little effort

get your latest kernels here     

hope will this help you 

good luck  :)

Its not the kernel that is my issue right now i used niresh's release of 10.8.5 annd it works completely fine i can actually boot into it...but during installation i have to backup all graphics kexts inorder for graphics to even show up, if i install the atisupport.kext it causes my screen to go comp,etely white, if i use graphics injection it will read the card with no acceleration and if i use GraphicsEnabler=No now it completely makes my screen go blank. I looked in the kexts that run with my gpu and my card has an id of 0x683d1002 but when i try to boot it it doesnt work properly i guess haha hope that helps better explain my problem

i know that but try another kernel which much support for that beacause native kernel got oob working your card thats why try which one become good for you....

So i tried using different kernels...they didnt help the atisupport.kext still wont work properly

Perhaps try the benaya (or shomething like this (the one with the y)) kernel and boot with the chameleon bootloader and use the following bootflags-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No Kernel=amdfxIm not sure whether i used the kernel bootflag but just try it :)

1 person likes this

i've done the first install and looked a bit around in osx :D 

now just try to boot without the safe mode bootflag and pray that it works! :D

good luck bro!

I have read on websites that a sleep fix can make it work but in my experience it just cuts out all my drives and freezes

After the successful installation ml 10.8.5, I can not boot into ml, I get the message: memory allocation error! addr: 0xDEADBEEF, 0x0, file: ati.c, line 1772. so pls help.
HP Compaq Presario CQ56 
Processor: AMD Athlon II P360,
Grafische Kaart: ATI Radeon HD 4250
Beeldscherm: 15.6 inch,, 1366x768 pixels