"About This Mac" Crash Issue
1 1

Question

On Niresh Mavericks 10.9, whenever i click the "About this Mac", The system instantly hangs and reverts to the logon screen. Is this a known issue and is there a fix  ?

System Specs:-

1) Intel Core i3

2) ATI 5650m

3) 4GB Ram 

4) 500GB HD

5) Boot Flags (without QE/CI enabled) - USBBusFix=Yes, GraphicsEnabler=No

10 answers to this question

boot with graphicsenabler=yes pciroot=1 usekernelcache=yes 

Tried that, not working .... couldn't enable the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag though because the 5650m didn't work. (actually it worked with LoadVBios=Yes but after changing Scaled > Best For Display, it abruptly stopped working)

tl;dr it doesn't work :(

mobile Graphics and Integrated Graphics  can't works together in OSX ,also you will only able to use Integrated graphics so don't waste time to enabling them try to use IntelhdGraphics 

@deadmau5 I dont have that option in my BIOS, only an option to enable/disable Virtualization but i guess dart=0 already does that.

@Deepak The system now is running with software acceleration (1024 x768). I don't have switchable graphics. The ATI5650m was working in full res (1920 x 1080) with Clover's LoadVBios=Yes but stopped working after i changed the display setting from Scaled to Best for Display.

Yes I HAD full QE/CI after using LoadVBios=Yes in the default bootloader, but after changing display settings from scaled to best for display.. it stopped working ... :( I tried the steps again to no avail.. (Doubt : to force EDID do i have to insert the raw data without spaces in the .plist or convert it into HEX ?)

I tried injecting the EDID (The guide says to edit in clover's .plist right ? but i'm using Chameleon [the default], using clover gives me a boot error). The EDID injection didn't work, i injected it into the .plist and the Display-717 but didn't work. Also the ATIXXXX controllers (kexts) have my deviceid and vendor id 0x68c11002. 

Here's my EDID in Base64 : 

AP///////wA2fyUAAAAAAAQTAQOAIhN48s5Qo1dMmSYPUFQAAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBGjaAmnA4IkAZM1sAVL4QAAAAGjaAxHE4WEBLlu0AVL4QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAo=

I previously got full QE/CI by just editing the display717 and booting with LoadVBios=Yes, don't know why it's not working now... :(

Thanks for your help @Deepak :) ! Please help me to resolve this issue ...

@Deepak 

These are the steps i took, please tell me if there is any error in this

1) Got the EDID in windows and converted raw to Base64 (above)

2) Overwrote the DisplayID-717 file with the edited one using Plist Editor Pro and the new.

3) Ran Kext Utility (to repair permissions)

4) Cleared all other display profile in the colorsync folder 

5) Rebooted with the following flags = GraphicsEnabler=Yes LoadVBios=Yes 

Result: I tried 2 times, a black screen popped up, the third time the display loaded up in full resolution but with very blurry and malformed text

Loading with the flag = AtiConfig=Galoga gives full QECI with HDMI output port (TV) but not with the laptop display.