Please Help!: Ethernet Won't Work
4 4

Question

After spending many days I was finally able to get Mavericks to work on my computer. As far as I can tell everything works fine except the internet. When I go into the network utility it says internal ethernet, but it shows that it's not working. Then I go into the network settings and try to make a new connection, but I can't select ethernet as an option. I looked up my driver information and it says my computer uses the Atheros driver, so I installed the Antheros kext on my computer via Multi Beast, but it won't work. I even tried installing different network kexts, but no matter what I do I can't get the internet to work. I've been working on this for many hours today and I just want the internet to work, so I can download Skype and a few other programs. Here are my computer specs if that helps.

Gateway DX4380-UR308

AMD A8 5500 quad core processor

AMD Radeon HD 7560D graphics

8 GB Memory

I'd be EXTREMELY grateful to anyone who is able to help me fix this. I'm so close to getting OS X on my computer. If I can just fix this network issue I'll be set.

16 answers to this question

Did u also try Niresh all internet Solution?

1 person likes this

Yes I did and that didn't fix it, but I actually found out my computer uses realtek, not Atheros. I installed the realtek kext and that didn't do anything. Then I found a different realtek kext and that kind of fixed it. I say kind of because I still can't get internet, but it shows ethernet in the network settings now, but it keeps on connecting and disconnecting. Like it will connect for 1 second and then disconnect. It keeps doing this.

Can u tell me whats your ethernet card and il get you the Nesessary Kexts for it.

1 person likes this

I was looking to Kext for the RealTek RTL8211

Finally found something but don't seems to work so well!!

Thanks for help

Try this kexts i heard it works on mavericks

www.osx86.net/file/1223-rtl-82xx-10-8

2 people like this

It was the Kext I tryed!

As soon as I try to go to my network (connect to my NAS for instance), I see folders but after double click I don't have any window to give my credentials and window close. Finder seems to freeze ...

May be it's not related to the NIC?

I also have Safari who is sooooo sloooooww ...

Try booting in safe mode, (-x). Go into multibeast and select you network driver and apply the patch. If it still doesn't work, googl for a 3rd party one use the one suggested above by KhatPhat and install it using kext wizard. You could always try a USB to Ethernet adapter or a wifi dongle as a last resort but bar trying out different Kexts, I'm not really sure as to how you go about fixing that issue...

Can u tell me whats your ethernet card and il get you the Nesessary Kexts for it.

I'm not really sure. My computer is a Gateway dx4380-ur308. I've been looking around, but I can barely find any information on it. I can't even find out what audio driver it uses and without knowing that I can't get the audio to work either. If someone can find out this information I'd appreciate it.

@mailmefren: I can't remember the exact name of it, but I believe it's called Realtek RTL8111. If you search for it on Google you should be able to find it.

Nope. Still can't get it working. I installed that kext that KhatPhat mentioned, but now my ethernet isn't even showing up at all and when I go into the network settings the window doesn't load and it freezes.

If you even know you Nic ref it's difficult to help!!

That's the first thing to know.

After find the right kext, follow guide and use tools like Chameleon Wizard.

After spending many days I was finally able to get Mavericks to work on my computer. As far as I can tell everything works fine except the internet. When I go into the network utility it says internal ethernet, but it shows that it's not working. Then I go into the network settings and try to make a new connection, but I can't select ethernet as an option. I looked up my driver information and it says my computer uses the Atheros driver, so I installed the Antheros kext on my computer via Multi Beast, but it won't work. I even tried installing different network kexts, but no matter what I do I can't get the internet to work. I've been working on this for many hours today and I just want the internet to work, so I can download Skype and a few other programs. Here are my computer specs if that helps.

Gateway DX4380-UR308

AMD A8 5500 quad core processor

AMD Radeon HD 7560D graphics

8 GB Memory

I'd be EXTREMELY grateful to anyone who is able to help me fix this. I'm so close to getting OS X on my computer. If I can just fix this network issue I'll be set.

If you even know you Nic ref it's difficult to help!!

That's the first thing to know.

After find the right kext, follow guide and use tools like Chameleon Wizard.

I know it has been several months but I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me what you did to get osx working on your pc. I have virtually the same set up except with 6gb of ram and i'm on an hp. Please help.

I'm also having same Network problem.

My Motherboar has Intel 1211 and 1217 Gigabit Ethernet.

Even the Wifi is not working.