OS X Mavericks installed successfully, but the mouse skips around erratically (video)
1 1

Question

I successfully installed Mavericks in VMWare using the -x boot flag, but when I reboot the mouse skips around so much such that I can't even continue the installation of Mavericks. I've uploaded a video of my symptom so it's pretty clear, here it is.

http://youtu.be/PiRennXWAvE

In the video I'm simply moving the mouse from left to right slowly and it jumps all across the screen. 

Please help, I'm not really sure what to do here. I've come this far after hours of work trying to get Mavericks set up and I'd hate to come to a road block simply because the mouse doesn't work. 

9 answers to this question

Bump. Please help.

Also, just for some clarification, the mouse works fine before the actual installation of Mavericks. From the 'Choose your language' screen to the actual installation, it works fine, but after the system reboots to use the installation, that's when the mouse issue shows up. 

In order to actually boot into the installation of Mavericks for the first time, I have to use the -x boot flag, otherwise the screen just says 'Still waiting for root device.' I'm wondering if it's because I'm using safe mode that it's not actually using the mouse driver. The video driver appears to work though because it displays the logon screen in full resolution. 

@ its probably your graphics issue better remove all the graphics extensions while installing

or tryUSBBusFix=Yes -v BootFlag It Could be a USB Issue too

Thanks for responding!

@ remove all the graphics extensions while installing

I'm a noob here, how do I do this?

Hey did you ever get this figured out? I'm having the same issue but like you may know, I don't want to wait the few hours to reinstall. I've been messing with this for a week now and I finally got it installed but can't use it.

For sure it's an usb dedicated problem! (like USB enumaration or conflict)

That would make sense. I tried 'USBBusFix=Yes' but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Remove Graphics extensions from:

/SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSIONS

1 person likes this

Yes ... there is a lot of people here!

But first, read a bit trough forums