Can't get to installer...

Question

Hi guys. I'm trying to install this distro on my PC, but I can't, for the love of God, get to the setup... Actually, I couldn't get there with ANY osx86 distro, although I already have ML installed on my PC (via a VMWare/physical hardware combination, you don't wanna know...). My MB is a Asus P5KPL-C/1600, with a C2D 2.4Ghz CPU and a nvidia 8600GT video card. I tried many boot flags, but I end up with various errors, depending on what flags I use. Sometimes I get stuck at "Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused", or "DSMOS has arrived", and the closest I got was when using just "GraphicsEnabler=No -v" - the boot stopped at "Apple..."something "SECONDARY" and a white square after this text.

What can I do? :(

9 answers to this question

Hey buddy!

First of all calm down,  

i spent 3 days working on this.  :D    So  let's believe it will work out.

It happened to me as well. 

I tried too many times  . i really dont know what i did to work things out.

But let me recall one for you.  Did you try  

PCIRootUID=0  

keep it up brother

My Procesor  2600k

Asus p8z68-v-pro /gen 3

8Gb 1600 mhz cosair

120 GB SSD kingst

am not able to get anything on the screen.

Used 16Gb flash drive  ->  formated Fat32 -> used Win32 disk imager -> image source  osx.dng -> Selected the usb on source   -> clicked on write ->  rebooted  -> enter into BIOS -> changed  Boot device /64bit mode / AHCI /   ->save bios reboot

now the screen is blinking with 1 dot noting else is booting what is gone wrong ?

Help me plz

Hey buddy!

First of all calm down,  

i spent 3 days working on this.   :D    So  let's believe it will work out.

It happened to me as well. 

I tried too many times  . i really dont know what i did to work things out.

But let me recall one for you.  Did you try  

PCIRootUID=0  

keep it up brother

Yes, that's one of the first things I tried, with or without GraphicsEnabler & other flags... What's frustrating is that I know the configuration works fine wiht osx (at least with ML), because I can boot in my ML installation without any flags. You may wonder why I don't just upgrade to Mavericks from the AppleStore. Well, I can't, because the partition is MBR, not GUID... so I have to do a clean installation (or upgrade, but not from within ML).

OK, I finally managed to get to the installation window using GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v. :) The installation went on smoothly, also the post-installation thing (niresh optimisation & stuff). I only have a few issues now:

1. No audio (there's no audio device detected. My sound card is an onboard Azalia sound card (VT1708B High Definition 8 -Channel CODEC)  Worked with the latest VoodooHDA.

2. I can boot in OSX only via the USB stick and still using USBBusFix=Yes. If I try to boot from the HDD directly, I get the grey screen with the apple logo and that's it, no spinning wheel or disk activity. Installed bootloader and added the USBBusFix flag to the options.

3. How can I have a bootloader that shows all the installed OSes? Like the USB stick does. Installed a bootloader and now all my OSes show up.

4. There's a nagging error at every boot in OSX, it says something about "the disk you inserted cannot be read by this computer", and I have the options to Ignore, Initialise and Eject. What disk is that?!?! - - - I think it's a Linux partition, because this is the only one that the Disk Utility cannot mount. How can I make the system ignore that one at boot?

Everything else worked OOTB, my video card is fine (I don't know if I have 3D acceleration, is there any way to check?), the network works fine, etc. So if someone can help me with (at least some of) the issues above, I would be very grateful. All things considered, Niresh worked for me in the end, as I'm sure these issues can be fixed, so you guys got my support and contribution. Thanks! :)

Yes, that's one of the first things I tried, with or without GraphicsEnabler & other flags... What's frustrating is that I know the configuration works fine wiht osx (at least with ML), because I can boot in my ML installation without any flags. You may wonder why I don't just upgrade to Mavericks from the AppleStore. Well, I can't, because the partition is MBR, not GUID... so I have to do a clean installation (or upgrade, but not from within ML).

oh man tell me about it.  that GUID thing was a killer. I didn't know that shit,.  and i download Mavericks from App Store  for an hour. try to install  but stuck at that disk part. 

SHIT

sorry man i typed PCIRootUID=1  wansnt 0  .

you can try if you want

OK, I finally managed to get to the installation window using GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -v. :) The installation went on smoothly, also the post-installation thing (niresh optimisation & stuff). I only have a few issues now:

1. No audio (there's no audio device detected. My sound card is an onboard Azalia sound card (VT1708B High Definition 8 -Channel CODEC)

2. I can boot in OSX only via the USB stick and still using USBBusFix=Yes. If I try to boot from the HDD directly, I get the grey screen with the apple logo and that's it, no spinning wheel or disk activity.

3. How can I have a bootloader that shows all the installed OSes? Like the USB stick does.

4. There's a nagging error at every boot in OSX, it says something about "the disk you inserted cannot be read by this computer", and I have the options to Ignore, Initialise and Eject. What disk is that?!?!

Everything else worked OOTB, my video card is fine (I don't know if I have 3D acceleration, is there any way to check?), the network works fine, etc. So if someone can help me with (at least some of) the issues above, I would be very grateful. All things considered, Niresh worked for me in the end, as I'm sure these issues can be fixed, so you guys got my support and contribution. Thanks! :)

congrats!

i just know you finish installing.

for the boot loader issue,  it seems like you didn't   pick a boot loader  when you install  (in that customization   mine wasn't picked by default,  i went in and picked one of those boot loader)

and I'm sure you don't want to re-install.

so you can use multi beast to install a boot loader   ! yea baby

there is a tag for boot loader  in multi beast ,  so go pick one buddy

good for you your graphics is working fine.

Im still dealing with my graphics, i got flickers and shit.

my card is  intel hd4000  and GeForce GT 630M  discrete card 

still trying.:(

good luck

Ok, I'm down to one issue only. I can't boot without adding USBBusFix=Yes -v flags. So I tried to use Chamelon Wizard and checked the USBBusFix options, then saved the file. However, after loading everything and when the user login should appear, the monitor get into power saving and that's it. If I uncheck that option and do it manually at boot, the damn thing works fine. What can I do about this??

Also, there's one other minor issue. The sound stutters if I'm doing something else while the music is playing. For example, if I have a youtube video playing and open some other page in the browser, I get stuttering. Any fix for this?

After a lot of hours trying to get everything fixed, I'm happy to report that right now everything works fine. I reinstalled Niresh, this time I selected the USB fix in the Customise menu at installation and now OSX boots without any flags. Also, there's no sound issue anymore. :)