Installation not getting started...

Question

I have burned the dvd and i am dont know why getting struck at the first screen only the installation is not even getting started....My processor is intel core 2 duo

4 answers to this question

I have burned the dvd and i am dont know why getting struck at the first screen only the installation is not even getting started....My processor is intel core 2 duo

I'm having the same problem

boot with -v and post where you stuck ..if image thats much better

8 people like this

i had the same problem, took over 30 minutes to get to the language screen. i did the following and put the files on a flash drive:1. i formatted the flash drive fat32 (i know not needed but i wanted all existing files gone)2 i used dd - dd if=Niresh's 10.8.2 Installer.iso of=/dev/sdx conv=notrunc,noerror ,this copied all the files from the iso to the flash drive.3. booted from the dvd4 selected the installer from the flash drivewithin about a min i was at the select a language screen.note dd is not available in windows. it can be downloaded though. a straight file copy after formatting may work, i didnt try it though/dev/sdx is the flash drive "drive letter" in linux. substitute the actual letter for "x" you can find this using fdisk in linux/osx/bsd or in cygwin./*edit*/system specs as per request:lenovo core 2 duo laptopmodel 6475gs6 T400Total Memory Size 4GBMemory Type DDR3Maximum Memory Supported 4GBMonitor SpecificationsScreen Size 14.1â€Maximum Resolution 1280 × 800Display Type LCDTouch Screen NoProcessor Class Core 2 DuoProcessor Type Dual-CoreProcessor Speed 2.26GHzProcessor Number P8400Capacity 160GBHard Drive Speed 5400 RPMGPU/VPU Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHDOptical Drive DVD Single Layer BurnerAudio Description Integrated AudioIntegrated Wireless LANInterface Type RJ-45 Ethernet Connector802.11a/g/n Wireless Networking (Intel 5100 WLAN)Data Transfer Rate 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LANand BTW everything works except the wireless.

1 person likes this

i had the same problem, took over 30 minutes to get to the language screen. i did the following and put the files on a flash drive: 

1. i formatted the flash drive fat32 (i know not needed but i wanted all existing files gone)

2 i used dd - dd if=Niresh's 10.8.2 Installer.iso of=/dev/sdx conv=notrunc,noerror  this copied all the files from the iso to the flash drive. 3. booted from the dvd

4 selected the installer from the flash drive 

within about a min i was at the select a language screen. 

note dd is not available in windows. it can be downloaded though. a straight file copy after formatting may work, i didnt try it though

/dev/sdx is the flash drive "drive letter" in linux. substitute the actual letter for "x" you can find this using fdisk in  linux/osx/bsd or in cygwin. 

why not writing down your system specs...afterwards solutions..