Alc892 Not Working
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I can't get my ALC892 to work on my Niresh 10.8.5.

My motherboard is Asrock 970 Extreme3

Everything else is working like a dream, just the sound that is nowhere to be found.

Someone got a working kext?

The audio solution provided by Niresh website does not work for me, VoodoooHDA cant

find any compatible hardware.....hmmmm so strange.

I do have a full working VMware of 10.8.2 can i copy some kexts over to my Niresh 10.8.5

or will that screw things up?

Cheers!

Resolved thanks too installing VoodooHDA284

Now the famous cracking sound problem...pffffff  :(

I allready installed that one, it gave me sound but with the stuttering and cracking.

Thanks for the effort, but those are not working either. With those 2 the sound is gone. 

I installed a Sweex 7.1 external soundcard, and everything works, all the buttons...right out of the box...but also the same stuttering...

Very, very strange.......i think the drivers are good, but something else is going on here..maybe something to do with power management in my AMD processor??

I will bring home my Focusrite Interface next week re-install the OS X clean without sound drivers and see if that works

1 person likes this

I will look into it further tomorrow...it's getting late over here and i'm relaxing a bit. Will let you know.

I had audio crackling from restarting after a fresh install.Solution is to delete AppleHDA and VoodooHDA-v284 from extra/extensions and then delete the VoodooHDA from PreferencePanes in the library folder.Then use kext wizard to install both kexts then rebuild

4082-AppleHDA ALC888 - LayoutID 888 (this supports realtek alc 882 through 902)

VoodooHDA-v284 

I have the ALC892 soundcard too and this fixed it.

I had audio crackling from restarting after a fresh install.Solution is to delete AppleHDA and VoodooHDA-v284 from extra/extensions and then delete the VoodooHDA from PreferencePanes in the library folder.Then use kext wizard to install both kexts then rebuild

http://www.osx86.net/files/download/66-applehdakext-with-alc888/ (this supports realtek alc 882 through 902)

VoodooHDA-v284 

I have the ALC892 soundcard too and this fixed it.

i don't see the Voodoo HDA in LibraryPreferencePane.. any Idea.. and when you say.. install both the kext using Kext wizard what kexts are you talking abt.. the link which you have given do not open :(

I have the same problem on my mbo Asrock Z68 extreme3 gen3 with Realtek ALC892, there is no sound on my Yosemite, please can someone help me how and what must I do to get sound...