Installing mavericks on virtualbox
1 1

Question

My PC has an AMD FX 6300 CPU

I'm using virtualbox 4.2.16 (newest versions I've tested have usb issues)

VirtualBox config, 4gb ram, chipset ICH9 (have tried PIIX3 with similar results), EFI disabled, using 6 cpus, extended features and hardware virtualizations enabled, for testing I have network and audio disabled, I have usb and usb2.0 enabled because I will need usb.

Mavericks iso from here: http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/75-niresh-mavericks-for-intel-and-amd/

I have tried many flags but I attach images for the 2 that I think should be useful, first

amdfx USBBusFix=Yes -x -v

second

amdfx USBBusFix=Yes -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=6

Any suggestions on how to solve this are appreciated.

post-22382-0-44457600-1392761624_thumb.g

post-22382-0-93787000-1392761630_thumb.g

7 answers to this question

When making the machine, set your os to OSX either 64-bit or server, can't remember which one the lateest version of vbox states. Could you get into the installer at all?

It is set to Mac OS X, Mac OS X (64 bit), I boot from the ISO, then type the parameters and press ENTER, the result is I get stuck on images attached, I assume that is the initialization of the installer.

When making the machine, set your os to OSX either 64-bit or server, can't remember which one the lateest version of vbox states. Could you get into the installer at all?

I get similar results... it's just that I'm stuck at "system uptime in nanoseconds: 0"... it seems that I just can't get iso to install mac os...

No clue. If you don't mind the legality side, there are several torrents of pre-built machines. I would just grab one of them to be honest.

Have you tried to use amdfx? I do it so for a AMD FX 8350 and works good with VMWare Workstation 10

Oh yea, as far as flags go you will 100% need "amdfx -v" you MAY need to add "npci=0x2000" and if the USB aint working you will need "USBBusFix=Yes". worst cause just add -x which is safe mode

i tried with 2 cpu, then the boot flags look like 

USBBusFix=Yes -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=2 "

but i have an intel PC so u need the amdfx tag also :)