Ethernet drops connection after 5-10 mins

Question

Hey all! I am not sure of my network adapter model as I am on my iPad, will post as a reply soon but my network seems to work fine at a good speed for the first 5-10 mins then the download drops and the uploads still works. I will try to post a screenshot of the little snitch network monitor to show what I mean but the only way I have found to combat the issue is to restart the computer. If was every hour or so I wouldn't mind but as you can imagine, having to restart every 5 minutes is a pain in the ass that could do without. It seems to work fine if I boot into my niresh install USB, select my macintosh hd then add -x (safe mode) but again, that is no real fix and it's irritating and is slows boot. I have applied the Realtek network kext in multibeast as my network didn't work on a fresh install. I know for a fact my adapter is Realtek just not sure which as I mentioned above. I am willing to try pretty much anything to get it to work so any suggestions and/or help below is much appreciated :)

4 answers to this question

Are you sure the problem is in the computer and not the Cable modem or the router/wireless router?

Does the connection drops in windows also? Or when u using a tablet? Or iphone or ipad

On that same connection thru Wifi ?

1 person likes this

Have you try reseting your internet connection? Modem and router? Reset them and turn in them off

For 2 minutes and turning them back on?

1 person likes this

Router is fine, works in windows, my other 3 pc's and all my portable devices.

No drops on that. I got to about and hour with no drop so it is really intermittent.