PC restarts before installer loads (10.9.0 USB version)

Question

Hello everyone. I will try to preemtively provide all the information that I can to hopefully save us some time and possibly have someone give me a working solutions for my problem. I have two systems, one of which I can install to without any problems, the other which restarts as soon as I try and start the installer.

System #1 (restarts before installer loads):
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155
Intel Core i7‑2600K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 95W Quad‑Core
EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

System #2 (installs perfectly fine):
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155
EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

As you can see the only difference between these two systems is that one is Sandy while the other is Ivy.

On both systems are the same bios.
AHCI is set.
All other devices are unplugged besides GPU, keyboard and mouse.
I used Win32DiskImager to get Niresh - 10.9 - Mavericks USB Version on my USB.

The Ivy gets into the installer without any problems, installs, does niresh updates once I hit the desktop, etc. The Sandy, once I select to boot from the USB and I hit enter to load the installer, restarts after a split second Apple Screen. I tried booting -v to see what goes on but can never capture a photo in time before the restart as there is no delay between the last line and system restart. I have also tried removing the GPU but I have the same result. I also tried -x -v and a combination of other bootflags such as GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, but nothing worked. Yet, as I mentioned before, one the Ivy machine -- nothing was needed.

I thank anyone and everyone in advance for taking a look into my issue and trying to help me out.

1 answer to this question

probably a kernel panic. try the mach kernels and others. I prefer vanilla installs personally but not bugged by modified kernels whatsoever