Yet another Mavericks ethernet problem

Question

My first hackintosh. Everything went smoothly and the install ran fine except that I have no ethernet. I have an old 3Com 3c2000-T since my onboard ethernet fried and it was all I could find in the house. Naturally, I have no internet and it is driving me nuts trying to fix it. I found info about kexts for it that worked on  early versions. I'm talking 10.7 going back. None of them work. Either that, or I am doing it wrong. (I am fairly new to this so that may be it).

Niresh's All in one network solution did not fix it. I have been at it for days trying out several skge.kext files I randomly find on the internet pertaining to Marvell/3com but none seem to work so far. I suspect that the kexts I am trying out might be outdated and wont work on mavericks given I am using an aging card and I am close to giving up. Just figured I would at least try and post here before throwing in the towel hoping something might come up.

My specs are :

AMD FX-8150
Crosshair V motherboard (with an inexplicably dead Ethernet)

8 Gigs RAM
Radeon 6850

Mavericks runs perfect. I simply don't have internet.

3 answers to this question

if you can't get on board why not get a USB Gigabit eithernet adapter? I've had to do something similar for my laptops wifi.

Matt

Did you first check the wiki list of compatible ethernet and wifi adapters before getting another one?

You need a compatible ethernet or wifi adapter.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to somehow fix my situation temporarily until I get a new ethernet card. Tethered one of my old android phones via USB (HoRNDIS driver)  and it works as a great Wifi adapter. Very little latency to top it off. 

Is there a particular ethernet card you would recommend for a hackintosh? Preferably one that is as comfortable with them like  Gigabyte boards are.