iMessage, iCloud, FaceTime not working Damnit!!!
2 2

Question

Ok ... I hear you!

Why create a new topic as there is plenty of same topic on internet  B)

Here's why:

1) I try nearly everything with no success

2) I saw that if we're running an AMD processor it's more complicated to have them working (able to make the sign in process because that's the problem!!). So I'm on the right site!  -_-

3) May be it's time to recompile the existing solution in one place?

4) want to know if there's someone running Mavericks on an AMD cpu platform and who have iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime RUNNING! (So succeed to sign-in)!

Thanks a lot to everybody

Pierre

18 answers to this question

I tried different SMBios (last one is iMac 13,2) but still problem.

the best I had:

1) I can connect to the first "Message connection" screen

2) when try to connect again (I see the message screen but a message says "not connected please sign in"), I can't sign-in (Can't connect - activation error). If I try another registred mail address I receive the message but behind suddenly i'm connected, I can see my info ... but 10 sec. after I'm disconnected. I have the error window which is poping 6 times ...

What that hell _  :angry:

Im sorry you havent solve that issue.i already gave you all the solution i could.but il look around to see if i find anyone with the same specs as you.can you proby me your system info:

Yes is in your Signature but im on my mobile and cant really see all of it :)

2 people like this

same here

i installed the module Nvram or something like that from chameleon wizard and now it says "you can t login now, try later.."

I tried to create a new AppleId at login ... with no success !!  :angry:

Anyone?

Even the "super moderators"  ;)

Niresh?

My feeling is that's a small thing like a bad UID or something like that. But tried everything.

I also tried to modify my "SystemId" string with the Mac address of my Nic. Didn't change anything.

Need more brains  :D

If you try everything and still it didnt work and then try Different SMBios then i dont know what else to recommend

1 person likes this

I already tried some smbios ... not all

Will do that again from first to last !

Hi .. It got something to do with network cards. if you use a non apple network controller this might be the reason.

I use a REALTEK RTL8111 ... not Apple mic I thing.

So ... what to do?

And I suppose I'm not the only want!

I keep trying changing SMBios config but with no success.

Finally, for the adapter I saw two "to do".

One is to name the adapter "en0" and the other ... it must be "Ethernet" !!!!

I tried both ...

In the "NetworkInterfaces.plist" it's written "en0" ... 

Some one knows the right name for the Ethernet in Preferences/Network?

Again, I saw the 2 solution and saying "must be" "en0" or "Ethernet" ;-)

ok for me it's done !!  :(  :(

I think I tried everything possible. Even with a true serial corresponding to the machine used in my smbios :huh:

My feeling is that the problem come from the machine bios.

Why? Because I tried all serial, mac address, changing files, ...

But ... can be wrong  ^_^

Anyone?

Regards

I managed to get it woking on Mavericks 10.9.1, on AMD, but there's one catch. You need an existing Intel Hackintosh, or, like me, a real Mac. This may not help you, but hopefully somebody out there will benefit from it.

I created a new account on my MBA, and set up my iCloud account, completing one sync. Now the idea is to transfer this account using migration assistant. Theoretically this should be possible provided both computers are on the same network, and the transfer occurs over the network. This didn't work for me however, and I resorted to using a Time Machine backup of my MBA and used Migration Assistant on my AMD PC to transfer only the account from the Time Machine backup. Once complete, the account already had all of the iCloud settings, and seems to still be syncing successfully. iMessage doesn't work, but that's the only thing. I wouldn't advise touching the iCloud Account Settings pane in system preferences though, not sure quite what would happen. 

Not exactly the easiest and most convenient method to do it, but it appears to be the only way at the moment. Hopefully a kernel for AMD that allows iCloud will be released shortly.

1 person likes this

I managed to get it woking on Mavericks 10.9.1, on AMD, but there's one catch. You need an existing Intel Hackintosh, or, like me, a real Mac. This may not help you, but hopefully somebody out there will benefit from it.

I created a new account on my MBA, and set up my iCloud account, completing one sync. Now the idea is to transfer this account using migration assistant. Theoretically this should be possible provided both computers are on the same network, and the transfer occurs over the network. This didn't work for me however, and I resorted to using a Time Machine backup of my MBA and used Migration Assistant on my AMD PC to transfer only the account from the Time Machine backup. Once complete, the account already had all of the iCloud settings, and seems to still be syncing successfully. iMessage doesn't work, but that's the only thing. I wouldn't advise touching the iCloud Account Settings pane in system preferences though, not sure quite what would happen.

Not exactly the easiest and most convenient method to do it, but it appears to be the only way at the moment. Hopefully a kernel for AMD that allows iCloud will be released shortly.

Thumbs Up :)

1 person likes this

I have seen several nvram Kexts online which require some special patched version of chameleon but that bricked mine and I had to reinstall

You're right ... I don't have a real Mac to do that ;-)

I tried to install on an intel based notebook (Sony VPCF11 serie) and an Apple Ethernet adapter (and YES this adapter works even it's said to be made only for the MacBook Air !! :-) ).

I upgrade to 10.9.1 .... iCloud not working!

I had to fine tune a bit but If I try to change something (Chameleon Wizard) ... stuck to a black screen after boot (for me at the moment who I have to have an image on my external monitor).

Also, If I try 10.9.0 (runnig) to 10.9.2 .... stuck at "PCI configuration" and nothing to do. (can help Niresh when he decide to release a 10.9.2 of his installer).

Thanks 

Yea, I really want 10.9.2 due to the extra functionality and the SSL fix so I need to reisntall anyway. Might not re-install until Niresh wacks out a native 10.9.2 installer

I think that for many it's the best to wait for a native 10.9.2 installer from Niresh!

Up till yesterday iMessage wasn't working.. I tried just about anything.

I solved this issue by entering a debit card number on my apple account... ;)

Up till yesterday iMessage wasn't working.. I tried just about anything.

I solved this issue by entering a debit card number on my apple account... ;)

Yes I red that many times. Strange

But, I have a credit card if I go to my account using Windows/iCloud (or via appstore in windows).

By the way, do you mean you remove a card and then create a new one or you never add a credit card to your account?

Best

Yes I red that many times. Strange

But, I have a credit card if I go to my account using Windows/iCloud (or via appstore in windows).

By the way, do you mean you remove a card and then create a new one or you never add a credit card to your account?

Best

I never had one registered in my account...

I'm on 10.9.2 BTW...