Dvd Or Usb

Question

Can this be loaded from a DVD?

I see people saying that they use a DVD and Niresh says in the info about this release that it is "This is Completely USB". I have tried loading it with a DVD an it wont even boot. Created the DVD like I did with the 10.8.2 release which at least got to the installation. I used Transmac like I did with 10.8.2. This release will not get that far. It there something that I am missing? I am using an AMD FX processor, winfast MB.

I would prefer not to use my Alienware with Intel i7 system.

Thanks,

Mike

3 answers to this question

Can this be loaded from a DVD?

I see people saying that they use a DVD and Niresh says in the info about this release that it is "This is Completely USB". I have tried loading it with a DVD an it wont even boot. Created the DVD like I did with the 10.8.2 release which at least got to the installation. I used Transmac like I did with 10.8.2. This release will not get that far. It there something that I am missing? I am using an AMD FX processor, winfast MB.

I would prefer not to use my Alienware with Intel i7 system.

Thanks,

Mike

it wont fit on a 4.7 dvd so it will have to go on a dl dvd i burning one right now to test as i cant use usb on my load

it wont fit on a 4.7 dvd so it will have to go on a dl dvd i burning one right now to test as i cant use usb on my load

Let me know how you make out. Yea I know. None of Diresh's releases fit on a SL DVD. I use DL but wont boot from the disk

Let me know how you make out. Yea I know. None of Diresh's releases fit on a SL DVD. I use DL but wont boot from the disk

. Yeah burned to dl not boot on its own, used niresh 10.8.2 DVD since I had it there used it to load bootloader replaced the DVD for the 10.8.5 dl hit f5 and got it to boot just fine