Acer Aspire V5-571G problem with the installer
1 1

Hi. I`m having problem with installing niresh mavericks. Before I explain my problem this is my laptop:

- model: Acer Aspire V5-571G-323a4G50Mabb

- specifiaction: Intel® Coreâ„¢ i3-2377M (3M Cache, 1.50 GHz), 4GB DDR3, hdd-500GB 5.4KS, display 15.6" HD 1366x768, ; NVIDIA®      GeForce® GT 620M 1GB and Intel HD 3000 (swichable - nvidia optimus), 1xUSB 3.0, 2xUSB 2.0 ports, 

I succesfully restored OS X-Maverics.dmg to my Kingston DT 100 G2 (8GB) USB drive using Win32DiskImager under Windows 8.1. On my aformentioned laptop I have Windows 8.1 installed on my C drive, I have also two more partitions ( D: for Work and I have made F: for OS X). When I restart my laptop I set my bios settings ( using F2 to get inside bios) to boot from my usb drive ( the one with the restored niresh- Mavericks.dmg file) but nothing hapens, it is booting directly to windows 8.1. I know the installer is good because I tryed it on another laptop ( Acer Aspire 5920g). If you have any suggestions what and how should I boot Mavericks on my laptop I would be very grateful. I will show you my bios settings on attached pictures. 

3 answers to this question

Yes, I can help I have aspire V5 552G its AMD but I think the bios trick are the same, maybe you need to burn your dmg file with Win32DiskImager its the best I think

then set your bios like this

in the "Main" menu >

sata mode to AHCI

f12 boot menu Enabled

in the boot menu >

set boot mode to legacy 

to get it work you have to try to put your usb stick in another port and press f12 until you see your usb and it will work "this is the trick not all usb ports are the same" I can't understand why but you have to try all your usb ports until it work. goodluck

1 person likes this

Hi, thanks for your answer. I managed to install Mavericks on my laptop. What i did is download Niresh 10.8.5 distro and burned it to dvd and then I was able to boot also my usb flash drive using that burned dvd. I even updated my os x to  10.9.2 but I have another problem, I can boot to Mavericks only if I put usb where Mavericks installation is ( now its recognized without dvd  :) ). Before I installed Mavericks i had Windows 8.1 installed on my first partition. When i eject my usb drive it boots only windows without possibility to choose which operating system I want to boot. I`ve tried several bootloaders ( chameleom, clover ) but nothing happens, i can boot only when my usb drive is in laptop. Maybe the reason is that i installed it to logical partition on my hdd? I installed under windows easybcd and added new entry for mavericks and after i restart my laptop I can choose windows or os x, after i choose os x i can even see chameleon boot loader but when i choose os x to start from chameleon boot loader it restarts my laptop and nothin happens. With my usb attached mavericks is working great. 

Acer Aspire V5 571 Laptop - Intel Core i3-4GB-500GB

Category Notebook

Model: V5-571

Processor: Processor Family Intel Core i3

Type: Dual-Core

Memory: System Memory 4 GB

Memory Type: DDR3

Storage Type: Hard Disk Drive

Hard Disk Drive: 500 GB

RPM: 5400

Display: Screen Size (Inches) 15.6

Resolution: 1366 x 768 Pixels

Screen Type: Active Matrix TFT Colour LCD

Graphics: Graphic Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000

Dedicated Graphics Memory: No

Hello, I want to install mavericks on this acer laptop model please tell me how i can install. Please i want to help from your side.