Dell XPS L702x audio and 10.9.2
2 2

Question

Hi Guys,

Finally I found a solution on my internal audio - that is the Niresh installation of maverick 10.9 :) When installed, the audio worked fine. But now I updated the MAC OS and it updated to the newest version from today 10.9.2! And after the restart the audio stopped work, and no sound devices listed at all. Some of the other Niresh tweaks are still valid (HWMonitor example), bit the battery percentage disappeared as well. Please cudk you advise how to return the internal adio devices?

thanks

5 answers to this question

I read on the insanely mac forum that you just need to reinstall the audio kext.

When i Updated to 10.9.2 My PC didn't Boot, so I switched back to a Time machine Backup . 

I just updated. Could boot, but like op, internal audio was not working. Going to just reload DSDT, should work after that. 

Edit: Yep, got audio working again. Just go into multibeast and install the appropriate kext for your motherboard or sound card. One of the bug fixes in this patch had to do with audio so it must have patched applehda and related kexts. 

I read on the insanely mac forum that you just need to reinstall the audio kext.

Hmm.. the problem with the audio on Dell XPS L702X is a common... Even I reinstalled the Voodoo kext, the sound settings shows me the Voodoo menu, I have notification sounds, but when playing whatever music/movie - it starts, but in 5 seconds just stop..  I think I miss some proper kexts.. I tried all possible and available in the net, but no success.

2. The other issue is the bootloader. Whatever I do - I cannot get the Dell to boot from the HDD... I installed all bootloader, as standalone, or in EFI, UEFI... but when starting from the HDD is says Operating System Not found... And I have to keep a USB plugged in order to boot the laptop..