10.9.2 Update help... [Need help, cocked up 4 times]
2 2

Question

Hey guys,

I have seen several posts in both 10.9 and Trouble shooting asking for help with the update. I for one have cocked it up 4 times now and am starting to get annoyed. I wondered if someone (Preferably a pro) would be able to give a step by step guide or even better, a video tutorial as I think I speak for many when I say it's hard and I have cocked up...

For the reference, I have an AMD FX-6100. I know this CPU is compatible as it was mentioned as tested+working in the AMD 10.9.2 kernel download :)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

19 answers to this question

well what i did was that during the initial installation, i installed 90% of the stuffs from customize option. so when i updated to 10.9.1 , the vodoo wasnt working - i repaired permissions using kext wizard - it fixed it.
after 10.9.2 there was no problems as i had all the initial kexts that were supposed to be updated with the 10.9.2 

so u can either try by repairing permissions or try reinstalling by adding the most from customize.

Nope? Still no luck although I am now using that PC on windows and I have switched to a machine on an A-10 as it is more stable. That way I also eradicate the ethernet and sound issues I was having on the FX6100 build. The error on both builds being OPEMU: ud2

By the way, I skipped 10.9.1 so I am going from 10.9.0 --> 10.9.2

@ I posted a step by step guide on how to fix this on the Niresh forums here

Hope @ will pin it in this thread soon for better visibility

The rollback files are in the download area.

1 person likes this

Sweet. I am still a bit dubious of updating... I really would like to see a video guide before I go for it.

@ Yea, i think for people not too concerned about the security patch, the update is too big a risk to take. Problems arise because of a new darwin versio. I myself had problems with wifi not working (AR 9285). Until Niresh comes out with a 10.9.2 installer (which i don't think he will) it's better to be on 10.9.1.

Yea, I found a 10.9.1 combo update which works. To be fair, considering it is security, I was hoping to get it, Plus it may help get iCloud working.

Why do you not think he will come out with a 10.9.2 installer?

@ The 10.9.3 update is around the corner and the changes in 10.9.2 are not major enough to consider making an entire distro

Fair point. Do you have and idea as to what .3 will contain and do you think he will give a new distro for that?

@ 10.9.3 so far contains actually a major update for hackintosh users having UHD and 4K displays. It allows scaling of text UI Wide which makes it easier to read. Also good for HD Display users like most of us.

Nice! Also, Out of interest, I am catching you up on posts, when am I likely to get mod?

@ I really don't know, it's up to the admins to promote members to mods. I contributed a lot of content and also redesigned the Slytherin icon and UI.. so maybe because of that ;)

Hi everybody and sory if my english is not so good.

I have successfully updated from 1.9.0 to 1.9.2 and fully functional with this configuration:

AMD Phenom II x4 925

Gigabyte ma770t-ud3

8GB 1600 DDR3

Gainward GT240

sata WD 320G with windows 8 installed

sata WD 1T with Mavericks

I backed up only 3 kexts from 1.9.0 : System.kext, AppleMatch.kext, Sandbox.kext from System/Library/Extensions

and put them together with "match_kernel" in one folder on desktop, after that i installed combo update 10.9.2 and rebooted into windows 8. With program "mac drive" from windows i go to mac partition and put this 3 kext that i backed up on desktop in 

System/Library/Extensions with replacing files, and mach_kernel in root of drive alsou with replacing file. I rebooted again but this time from my USB flash with Nireshs Mavericks installation, started disk utility and repaired permissions for mac drive.

Reboot again this time from mac partition and with flags -x -v. When i get to desktop just run kext wizard to repair permissions and after that rebooted normal in 10.9.2 with everything working perfectly

Kernel "AMD 10.9/10.9.1/10.9.2 kernel, with SSE3 and opemu Version R6" was not so good for my spec, i had some glitches so i used this kernel that works perfectly for me:    http://speedy.sh/fyQ3k/mach-kernel

Hope this help somebody

1 person likes this

Sweet! Thanks buddy, I will give it a try although I do only have one drive in my hackintosh with no windows :/ I guess I could wack another drive in a stick xp on it temporarily

If any of you people are updating just to support software like iMovie (10.0.2), instead of taking all these troubles, just go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and change all 10.9.0 fields to 10.9.2. 

my board -asus p5g41tmlx

ram -4gb

graphics -asus gt 610 2gb

i would like to upgrade ma pc to mac. 

give me all necessary files, which supports ma graphics card.