Mavericks installation fails in last minute
3 3

Question

Hello all,

I have a Toshiba c660-a260 laptop with win 7 is already installed on one partition of the same HDD were Niresh's mavericks shall be installed. everything goes perfect until it fails when it reaches (less than one minute)

My laptop;

CPU: Intel Core i3 2.3GHz

RAM: 4GB

Graphics: GeForce 315M

Note: when first booting from the installation USB a message appears says (error encountered while starting up the computer pausing 5 seconds)

any ideas guys?

5 answers to this question

i have same problem... still waiting for help  :wondering:

not answer yet from our moderators..

i had the exact same thing happen to me, although I was trying to do it on my 2nd harddrive (2TB) that I only use as my F:Users folder (basically a storage harddrive for pictures, music, movies, downloads, literally anything that downloads into your users folder). I would set aside a partition of 128GB for OSX, but it failed at the end every time. I tried over and over, and a few times it even made my windows partition "unformatted" so I'd have to recover all my data.

I ended up having to just install OSX on a seperate harddrive, so my hard drives are as follows:

HDD 1 - Partition 1 (C:) Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

HDD 1 - Partition 2 Linux Ubuntu 13.10

HDD 2 - Partition 1 (F:) Windows "Users" Folder

HDD 3 - Partition 1 OSX Mavericks 10.9.0

I suppose you could always back your windows partition up, completely wipe the hard drive, install OSX mavericks first, then copy the windows partition over second.

So finally i solved it two days later (sorry for the delay  :itwasntme: )

i formatted my whole hard disk and re-partitioned it again from the hackintosh installer. i installed the hackintosh then windows and everything works like magic now.