No hard drive show up at 10.9.0 installation

Question

I was trying to install osx 10.9.0 to my hackingtosh and when I go to disk utility it only show my usb. I've tryed to created a hfs+ partition with ubuntu but are the same results.

Edit 4/3/14: In my WD I've a data partition, a ubuntu partition (where osx will go) and I got a other data partition. I've try with two different hd and result is the same, and in one of them I installed the iAtkos ML (now is empty this hd)

PC components:
Motherboard -> Gigabyte: GA-B75M-DP3
CPU -> intel core i5-3350P @ 3.10 GHz x 4
Grafics -> Nvidia: GT610 x 1GB
Hard Drive ->1x 1TB WD Blue (WD10EZEX)
Ram -> 8GB Kingston Hyper Red
I'm wating for a solution soon!!!
Sorry for my spelling ;)

9 answers to this question

I've finally maneged to get a successful install without any boot flags, I really don't know how I've mede it but i think it was a problem selecting the boot media. Thank you for all you tried to help me.

do the hard drives shows up in the Bios Drives Options ?

I think that yes, but in case I'm attaching you a google drive link where I've uploaded photos of all my bios settings. There is aswell 2 photos about disk utility, one with only the hd conected (only see installation usb) and a other with an extre usb that I've pluged in for try if setects the usb.

Bios photos on google drive here.

I have the same problem, but i have left my hdd blank, didn't formatted to any file type, gonna format to Fat32 and see if it works.

Whats your HDD file type?? 

I managed to install it by using "Gparted live cd" to format my HDD to Fat32. Then on "niresh Mavericks" install i used "disk utility" to format the HDD to Journaled, after that i was able to choose my HDD to finish the instalation.

Hope it helps!!

1 person likes this

I've tried what "The Mk" said and the results are the same. I managed to install mavericks on a usb and its full working (a little lagy because it isn't the best way to have a installed). I think that is something that makes to not recognize the hard drive. I know that is possible with this motherboard (GA-B75M-D3P) because here there are some succesfulf links with unibeast:

So I think that is probably that there are some boot flags missing.