Problem while booting the USB with Maverick
3 3

Question

Hi. When I boot the USB containing Niresh (Maverick), i get this error on a black screen:

"Errors encountered while starting up the computer.

Pausing 5 seconds..."

Then the system reboots. I tried to install Mavericks using "My Hack" and "Unibeast" but i get the same error.

Hardware:

MB MSI Z87-G43

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 Haswell

GPU Asus GTX770

RAM Corsair Veneance 4x4

I hope you can help me because I don't know what to do...

P.S. Sorry for the bad English but i am Italian.

EDIT: I noticed that after the "Pausing 5 seconds..." the Apple boot logo appears for less than a second. Then the system reboots.

I attached a photo of the error after the launch of the installer in verbose mode.

post-27394-0-95768300-1393944515_thumb.j

12 answers to this question

Have you try and delete all the Graphics Kexts from the Usb ?

EDIT: I noticed that after the "Pausing 5 seconds..." the Apple boot logo appears for less than a second. Then the system reboots.

I attached a photo of the error after the launch of the installer in verbose mode.

The reboot is related to a kernel incompatibility with your CPU. Try to boot with "amd64 -v" or "amdfx -v" or "ivy -v"

No its not an amd processor. Do you have any working osx in reach? If yes mount installer USB with that.

Goto System/Library/Extentions

And delete all graphic related .kext (see guide section for this)

Now boot again using these flags:

-v -f PCIRooutUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

No its not an amd processor. Do you have any working osx in reach? If yes mount installer USB with that.

Thank you for this information.  But for some reason my usb boot is not working.  so I am using .iso write into DVD to boot and install.  In that case how to modify these kext files?  I was using iDeneb 10.5.7 version and it working like champ.  Both ML and Maverick version of Niresh giving same error...

Appreciate your help...

I have the same problem.  I downloaded .iso image of Ml or Maverick version of Niresh.  While booting DVD this strange error comesup "errors encountered while starting up the computer. pausing for 5 seconds" then it reboots and loop.   I cannot use usb for technical limitation with my desktop.

Can someone help me to fix this?

I also have the same problem i thought that my .dmg file is corrupted so i downloaded niresh 10.8 .iso for dvd but it's giving the same response

is there someone who can help us

as Aman said to delete .kexts from usb via other mac pc i tried this also but i can't open my pendrive after writing on it

and in 10.8 there is no folder like that

HELP US!!!!

No, but i tried anyway to delete all graphic kext but in the Extentions folder there's only a file (i don't remember its name). I deleted it but i get the same error.

I tried to remove my graphic card and use the Intel HD Graphics 4600 integrated in the CPU but i get the same error.. Please HELP MEEEEEE!!!

EDIT: Same problem trying to install Yosemite via USB..