Can only boot MacOSX install with -f

Question

Hello and thank you in advance for helping me in regards to this small issue.

I have installed Niresh Mavericks 10.9 and everything works.  My specs and install guide are here.

Everything is good except for when I try to boot into the MacOSX HDD install.  If I use the pre-configured org.chameleon.Boot.plist file which has these contents...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Credits</key>
	<string>www.hackintosh.zone</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>y</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>y</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>cpus=1 -v -f npci=0x2000 dart=0</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>y</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If I boot straight from the boot loader options selecting the MacOSX HDD drive where I installed Niresh 10.9 I can only get to a black screen with a non blinking cursor.  But, if I boot to that same MacOSX HDD install and use the bootflag -f then it boots fine.  The above boot list file is what was installed from my Niresh USB installer and I found it in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.  I have not installed Chameleon Wizard or changed anything.  This is how it looks if I open it with Text Wrangler.  Can someone tell me if there is a conflict in here somewhere?  It seems so.

It appears as though the boot list file is in conflict.  The -f flag is already set in the kernel flag string and then UseKernelCache key is set to yes.  Can someone please give me an idea as to what I need to change?  It seems as though this boot list file is not being opened at startup as I have to enter -f manually, but in this above boot list file the -f flag is a;ready there.  This is what I am wondering about.  Is the boot loader looking in the wrong place or something?  Or is the present configuration of the boot list file causing the conflict?  As far as the install goes it works perfectly, but only if I hit the space bar and enter -f at the bootloader options screen prior to booting to the MacOSX HDD install.  That is the issue.  Without -f I get the black screen.

I hope I explained this clearly enough.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet