Monitor going to sleep mode
4 4

Question

Hello again,

thought I'd make a seperate topic for my issue with the monitor going to sleep after 

the gray apple logo boot screen cause it's getting really annoying since I cannot use 

my PC at all. I've attached a photo using -v at boot time just before the screen goes

completely blank and powers off.

I'm still on 10.9, since I've read that the update to 10.9.2 could cause more problems..

Thanks for any help!

post-23085-0-56563700-1393926598_thumb.j

14 answers to this question

@ Make Sure You've Evo Reboot Installed on Your Extensions

Check if your sleep is working

if it doesnt delay the time of sleep using preference

try to Get a patched DSDT

Hello Niresh and thanks for your reply.

You mean in my S/L/E if there's a file called Evo Reboot? If so, no I cannot see such a file.

I haven't checked that sleep works now because in the past my hackintosh could not get "awakened" some times.

As far as the patched DSDT where could I find one? I have an Asus P5K Premium mainboard...

So, I found evoreboot.kext and installed it. In every shutdown there is no activity from my hackintosh so it looks

like the issue has been resolved. The screen hibernates and gets activated at a single keypress, however this is

not the case for the hard drive. Anyway since this is not something that bothers me I have no problem in keeping

it like this.

I would say that this time everything is "perfect". 

Thanks KhatPhat and Niresh for all your help in pointing out what needed to be done..! :)

Edited by Reignman

I don't know why but the previous message disappeared..

Anyway if it will help anyone I'm going to repeat this.

I fixed the above mentioned problem by reinstalling Mavericks in the same partition

without losing any data. The only things I had to re-enter where the SATA and audio kexts.

I updated the system also to 10.9.2 without any problems whatsoever.. 

If only I could fix the power down issue I'm having and imessages... :(

The computer shuts off while you are using it ? Or the computer shut off while restarting ? I cant understand the issue

You are having

Sorry I mixed two issues on the same topic. The problem I described and the reason I opened this topic

was at boot time (the monitor turning off).

The new issue that I'm having happens at shut down. Everything appears to have powered off, however

I can hear some fan still working. I have no idea if it's from the PSU or the one on the CPU.

You misunderstood me. The problem I described was at boot time (the monitor turning off).

The new issue that I'm having happens at shut down. Everything appears to have powered off, however

I can hear some fan still working. I have no idea if it's from the PSU or the one on the CPU.

Yes if you still hear the fans ,thats an issue its not an issue with the Psu or cpu or motherboard.more people had that same problem that the pc wont completly

Shutdown.do a search in this section i think we posted a solution

1 person likes this

OK. So I found this http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/1182-problem-with-shutdown-and-apple-magic-mouse/

and from what I see I have both Nullcpupowermanagement.kext and Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext.

I replaced the Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext with the modified that you have on your site.

But how can I know which one is being used by the system?

P.S. I found this http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/634-1091-doesnt-shutdown-properly/ as well.

Which one should I try?

P.S. No 2 Nevermind.. It was the second topic that did the job.. :)

So for anyone interested in shutting down properly and quickly his hackintosh 

try this http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/111-os-x-shutdown-fix-108-109/

iMessage is the only thing that is not working now!!! 

Hello again!

It seems that I was wrong the fix I mentioned in my previous post didn't solve the problem. :(

Any ideas on how to proceed now?

I'm back with an update on both issues..

1) The shutdown fix works but not always. :(

2) iMessage worked when I entered a credit card number in my account!!!!

@ Make Sure You've Evo Reboot Installed on Your Extensions

Check if your sleep is working

if it doesnt delay the time of sleep using preference

try to Get a patched DSDT

Hello Niresh

im just installed Mavericks and after finish installation pc goes to restart and when again apple startup screen come and after 30 second my moniter going to sleep. please help me

Hello Niresh

im just installed Mavericks and after finish installation pc goes to restart and when again apple startup screen come and after 30 second my moniter going to sleep. please help me

Having the same problem as above^^^please help! Thank you in advance!

As I mentioned above.. Reinstalling Mavericks without deleting anything, solved this issue for me

As I mentioned above.. Reinstalling Mavericks without deleting anything, solved this issue for me

Hi, @

So did you mean to reinstall the OS on the same partition you first installed without deleting anything or cleaning anything? Just... Overwrite it?

Sorry, I just saw your P.M.

Yes I reinstalled the OS in the same partition without wiping anything.