AMD mavericks install freezes on setup after succesfull instalation
4 4

Question

Hi all

This is a wierd one.

I recently installed niresh mavericks 10.9.0 and all was working well i had to use the PCIRootUID=1 boot flag to get it to run through the set up after install as the screen freezes and the system had to be restarted by the power button but i got past that.

then out came the update 10.9.1 this i did without checking but all still worked fine and this system was running for around a week and i was really pleased with the install

then out came update 10.9.2 this i checked up on first as i realised from the previous update not to be so stupid incase it ruin the install full stop, i checked on here followed the instructions for the update but something went wrong when the system restarted it kept failing at opemu 2 or something and wouldnt boot this though is now erelevant as because the system was only running a short time and was really only testing i thought i would just redo the full system back to the original niresh mavericks 10.9.0 usb install i used originally BUT for some bezzaaa reason the system freezes at the set up stage as it did the first time i installed and no matter how may different boot flags /combination of boot flags i used it keeps freezing when i boot verbose it shows

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f8156fcc9): no HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly

as per attached image 2014-03-04.bmp

please can somebody help

processor is amd fx8120  8core

asus M5A78L-M/usb3

8 gb patriot ram

xfx radeon 6870 Graphics

6 answers to this question

Hi all

This is a wierd one.

I recently installed niresh mavericks 10.9.0 and all was working well i had to use the PCIRootUID=1 boot flag to get it to run through the set up after install as the screen freezes and the system had to be restarted by the power button but i got past that.

then out came the update 10.9.1 this i did without checking but all still worked fine and this system was running for around a week and i was really pleased with the install

then out came update 10.9.2 this i checked up on first as i realised from the previous update not to be so stupid incase it ruin the install full stop, i checked on here followed the instructions for the update but something went wrong when the system restarted it kept failing at opemu 2 or something and wouldnt boot this though is now erelevant as because the system was only running a short time and was really only testing i thought i would just redo the full system back to the original niresh mavericks 10.9.0 usb install i used originally BUT for some bezzaaa reason the system freezes at the set up stage as it did the first time i installed and no matter how may different boot flags /combination of boot flags i used it keeps freezing when i boot verbose it shows

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f8156fcc9): no HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly

as per attached image attachicon.gif2014-03-04.bmp

please can somebody help

processor is amd fx8120  8core

asus M5A78L-M/usb3

8 gb patriot ram

xfx radeon 6870 Graphics

-x  with open no freeze this security mode. after restart this osx and normally start with system. 

No problem.

Good luck

Yes.. this is legit, I tried what he suggested and it worked like a charm

use -v -x on the boot screen along with any other parameter (should you require )

-v  is verbose mode, display everything happening at boot time

-x  is safe mode 

once you login to safe mode, the OS will configure itself, will take 10 min atleast, keep an eye on the notification pop ups on the top right corner, ( you may click on the bars icon next to the search magnifier icon for all pop ups )

once completed, the last pop up will be to go to Niresh Facebook page

shutdown the PC and then reboot, all will go smooth,  

***  Note **** 

As i have GTX 550 ti, when i reboot in mac os x , the screen after reboot turns pink or green or any random colour including the bios screen 

In such case, manually force the PC to shutdown, let it sit for 30 seconds to 1 min and start it, thINGS will be fine

En español:

Hola: Yo descargue el Niresh Mavericks, lo monte en la ONU USB y me Corrió normalmente Hice paso una cola explicaba paso lo RedHead Tech ( 

# t ​​= 1216) Pero CUANDO Una Chávez Instalado el  Niresh Mavericks me pidio Que se reinicie la PC Pero cunado empezo a salir La Bienvenida elegi Mi País y LUEGO de 5 o 10 Segundos sí congelo la Pantalla. me Apareció error este:

"Panic (cpu 0 llamante 0xffffff7f8156fcc9): sin HPETs disponibles ... CPU". E intentado de  Hacerlo  mas Rápido  párrafo Evitar el congelamiento del siempre Pero sí congela. 

Mi  hardware:

CPU: APU A10-5800K

RAM: Corsair 8gb ddr3 1600mhz venganza

Gráficos: ASUS 6670 1Gb

Placa base: ASUS F2A85-M

Fuente: Cooler Master GX 550W 

HDD: Hitachi 250 GB a 3 Gb / s 

En Inglés

Hola, me descargo el Niresh Mavericks, montarlo en un USB y corrí normalmente me hizo paso a paso lo que explicaba RedHead Tech (
# t = 1,216), pero cuando una vez instalado el Mavericks Niresh me pidió que reinicie el PC, pero comenzó a salir con Cunado bienvenidos elegido mi país y después de 5 o 10 segundos, la pantalla se congeló. Le mostré este error: 
"Panic (cpu 0 llamante 0xffffff7f8156fcc9): no disponible ... HPETs CPU". Traté de hacerlo más rápido para evitar la congelación, pero siempre se congela. 
Mi hardware: 
CPU: A10-5800K APU 
RAM: Corsair 8gb ddr3 1600mhz venganza 
Gráficos: ASUS 6670 1Gb 
Placa base: ASUS F2A85-M 
Fuente: Cooler Master GX 550W 
HDD: Hitachi 250 GB a 3 Gb / s

Hola, fijate bien en las opciones de personalizacion de Niresh cuando instalas, justamente me sucedio lo mismo con mi Placa Asus... y en una de esas opciones, precisamente está la solucion, no recuerdo si en chipset, o osx fixes.. revisa bien pero en las descripcion del item, en la parte de abajo habla algo sobre el "SLOW BOOT ON ASUS MOTHERBOARDS", la aplicacion soluciona el problema del congelamiento o freezing ademas de acelerar un poco el inicio y otros problemas de arranque con ASUS.

Está la solucion pero la verdad no recuerdo como se llama el item, búscalo y adiós problema.