i5 3750, Sapphire R9 280X dual screen and Win7

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My specs actually are an i5 3570 at 4Ghz (through motherboard settings), a Sapphire R9 280X, 8Gb Ripjaws,  Seagate Barracuda 2To with Windows 7 on it (thanks to Chameleon), a WD Green 1Tb 7200rpm with Mavericks on it (roughly 1k$/€ build).
The motherboard is a MSI Z77(ZH77)-G43 that doesn't recquire anything for ethernet, though audio needs to be installed via the Multibeast 6.0, the ALC892 without DSDT if you do it directly.

The graphic card doesn't recquire anything :) .

Everything works like a charm, I'm really happy of it.

The installation is simple, unplug everything besides the HDD, even for my dual screen (just need to leave one screen unplugged until its done), and then put both -F and -f flags, after some tries it works fine.

Then I can get on the desktop and do installation here and there until I can reboot. I use the Easy Install of Multibeast 6.0 so that It sets the screen right with the hardware.

I could do this three times since I failed with the 10.9.2 update, the previous one wasn't a problem, but then I couldn't log into OSX (through the latest Chameleon 2.0). Had to do it all over. :wacko:

I believe it's not the most complicated build to boot on, that's why I like it. Both powerful and simple for Windows and Mac OS.

I work quickly and get fun of it without any big trouble, though booting after installation might be a bit confusing since it tends to freeze at the installation of the account,

though after some reboot and flag input it's not often a problem, you can use the Mac after 30min in theory. ;)

I could also make it work on a FX-6300/HD6750 without much trouble too.

Hope it helps,

I have the R9 270 and I can only single monitor. How did you go about dual? I kinda need more one monitor as I use 3 in windows :)

Actually it's managed naturally by Mavericks after the installation, which is done with only one screen.
I then plug the other one after rebooting, and then I let the technomagic works.

Note that one is HDMI and one is DVI, like any usual  dual screen Windows setup. I don't use any kext or anything.

In windows I use one via a HDMI to DVI adapter, One via Dvi-D and the third via a displayport to VGA adapter. I had to use one on DVI-D and if I plug another in, weather thats by DVI-I, Display port or HDMI, The screens just go white and it resets. If I boot with two in, one will come on and stay white and you get the cursor and it boots no further.

Alright a quick new, I upgraded my i5 to the i7 3770 and it worked flawlessly, no error or trouble so far.

Hmmm, still running my FX-6100 and R9 270x. From what I saw online, try switching the SMbios to an iMac, I'm gunna give it a shot now :)

Hello everyone,

My specs actually are an i5 3570 at 4Ghz (through motherboard settings), a Sapphire R9 280X, 8Gb Ripjaws,  Seagate Barracuda 2To with Windows 7 on it (thanks to Chameleon), a WD Green 1Tb 7200rpm with Mavericks on it (roughly 1k$/€ build).

The motherboard is a MSI Z77(ZH77)-G43 that doesn't recquire anything for ethernet, though audio needs to be installed via the Multibeast 6.0, the ALC892 without DSDT if you do it directly.

The graphic card doesn't recquire anything :) .

Everything works like a charm, I'm really happy of it.

The installation is simple, unplug everything besides the HDD, even for my dual screen (just need to leave one screen unplugged until its done), and then put both -F and -f flags, after some tries it works fine.

Then I can get on the desktop and do installation here and there until I can reboot. I use the Easy Install of Multibeast 6.0 so that It sets the screen right with the hardware.

I could do this three times since I failed with the 10.9.2 update, the previous one wasn't a problem, but then I couldn't log into OSX (through the latest Chameleon 2.0). Had to do it all over. :wacko:

I believe it's not the most complicated build to boot on, that's why I like it. Both powerful and simple for Windows and Mac OS.

I work quickly and get fun of it without any big trouble, though booting after installation might be a bit confusing since it tends to freeze at the installation of the account,

though after some reboot and flag input it's not often a problem, you can use the Mac after 30min in theory. ;)

I could also make it work on a FX-6300/HD6750 without much trouble too.

Hope it helps,

how did you get the 280x to work well mine is recognized as 7970 what about yours??

do you have artifacts cause i have a lot of them

do ihave to update?