GTX 760 performance - No graphics acceleration
2 2

Question

Hey guys! I have managed to install Niresh's 10.9 Mavericks on my AMD based PC with everything working but graphics.

Well, I managed to install using GraphicsEnabler=No and amdfx as boot flags. But now, it seems I don't get graphics acceleration. Although the OS shows it up correctly on About this Mac, I can't get any performance with my GTX 760 gpu. I have noticed it through Launchpad, because scrolling there seemed choppy.

So after that, I have tried to install a random game like Minecraft and I was running at 5 fps. Yeah, 5 fps on a GTX 760.

AMD FX 4100, GA-78LMT, GTX 760

Thanks so much! 

Gus

24 answers to this question

CUDA and WEB Drivers by Nvidia is last Solution non working Cards on hackintosh ,,i have already told you about this in  #15 ,but anyways enjoy your hackintosh  :)  :)  :)

Have you try changing the SMBios ?

2 people like this

@ 

I haven't tried changing it yet. I'm using the default one, which is MacPro3,1. What do you recommend me?

matched Smbios is Required to run hackintosh like a Real mac ,,choose any from iMAC which have gtx760

1 person likes this

Which one would be best then? 13,2 (660M, 675MX or 680MX) or 14,2 (775M or 780M)?

try different SMBios get result choose which worked best for you ,,,my suggestion 14,2

1 person likes this

Ok, I'll try. Do I need to do anything besides using Multibeast to install the SMBios? Last time I tried to use MacPro5,1 and I wasn't able to boot again.

I see that you card get reconize perfect..But You still Dont have Full Graphics?

Yes Change The SMBios To One Of The Current Ones Keep Switchin until You find One That work Best.

Since is a Fresh Intall You wont Loose Anything Already Installed :)

Once We Find out Witch SMBios Works Best! TThen u Can Reinstall The Os And have

Every thing Working Good.

Ok, I'll try. Do I need to do anything besides using Multibeast to install the SMBios? Last time I tried to use MacPro5,1 and I wasn't able to boot again.

Use Slytherin to add SMBIOS 

may be your smbios is not configures proper before attempting delete SMbios.plist from Extra folder

Hey, yes, my graphics card is detected properly but I still don't have full graphics. A fresh install wouldn't work because I have a lot of files =(

I will try with Slytherin and post results here.

Thanks 

if all this not work then install NVIDIA cuda and also try nvidia web driver 

if you have web drivers installed then this flag nvda_drv=1 for nvidia ,,and try to get SMBios last i have told you 

Hello,

I have the same problem with GTX 460 768. I have tried with nvidia's kext, boot flags, SMBios (MacPRO&iMAC). Others things works fine except bootloader and acceleration. Please, any help.

Fresh Niresh's Maverick 10.9.0 

Nvidia GTX 460 768RAM

GraphicsEnabler=Yes - seems ok on "about this mac"

GraphicEnabler=No - not (3mb monitor card, or something like that) 

Ok... i've fixed it.  install Fresh Niresh's Maverick ----> install CUDA driver from NV web ----> reboot ----> Install Nvidia kext's -----> reboot -----> Done ;) 

No boot flags. Mac PRO 3,1. AMD Phenom II x3.  OSX it's not stable on my PC, but works. 

used NV kext:

GeForce.kext

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

GeForceTesla.kext

GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle

GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVClockX.kext

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

NVDANV50HalTesla.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDAResmanTesla.kext

NVDAStartup.kext

NVSMU.kext

.....Yes all of them :) I've found them easy on internet.

CUDA and WEB Drivers by Nvidia is last Solution non working Cards on hackintosh ,,i have already told you about this in  #15 ,but anyways enjoy your hackintosh  :)  :)  :)

Yes, i had tried that before but OSX didnt startup after reboot. It only works (in my case) when fresh install, and install CUDA before KEXTs. 

Issue: Sometimes i have GUI freeze, but mouse still moving, and hibernate is like russian roulette ;)...o, and i cant force boot loader to boot from HDD (only stick)

anyway, OSX on my AMD PC is a big suprise for me, and i appreciate Your work.

might be you have kext messed that time That's why i always recommending Fresh install sometimes we don't know what we did last then we need a new start ,,

Change your Smbios to imac ,,you don't have bootloader installed on your HDD install that ,,i recommend to install Clover Bootloader but i have not tested clover bootloader on AMD machines yet ,,Use Slytherin have Solution may yoiu need ..

Can someone post an archive or a link for the kexts mention above? I have the same problem with a fresh install of nireshs mavericks

I have the same issues with my Nvidia GTX 760. I've made adjustment to AGPM.kext, installed CUDA/Webdriver multiple time with numerous reinstalls. I cannot get the graphic acceleration to work. I've even got it to work once but a restart caused the issue to return. I've tried with Mavericks 10.9.5 and Yosemite 10.10.1. Please help.