USB not bootable
4 4

Question

Hello Gurus,

I am out of luck to get my usb boot. I will start with specs :

Laptop : Fujitsu lifebook AH531-GFO

USB Pendrive : Sandisk cruze blade 8 gb

1. Tried with win32diskimager to write .dmg to usb drive. It just gives me a flash screen and laptop starts with windows again.

2. Tried BDutility.exe to see if my usb disk is bootable and it boots fine.

3 Tried 2 pendrives one with clover (BDutility) to boot into clover and then tried to boot with 8gb (written with win32diskimager) but it just hangs on a black screen, need to restart using power button.

4. Restored the dmg using virtual mvericks vmware, but not bootable again.

5. Tried dmg2img but it says dmg corrupted, I double checked with utorrent and it says 100% completed.

Any help will be much appreciated.

One thing I noticed that some times sandisk usb are not bootable but to ensure it I used BDUtility on my 8gb cruze and it booted fine into clover.

Thanks all.

18 answers to this question

@ There is also another tool known as USBIT

but if you have legacy boot support turn it on & turn off uefi 

but please do mention the os x version that you're trying

Thanks some one replied.

@KingMaker, I have usbit, but it is not recognizing the usb flash drive (8 gb).

I have BIOS, not uefi.

Thanx

[edit] : Trying to boot mavericks.

Also is there any way to change the bootloader of niresh mavericks and use clover instead as pendrive boots fine with clover.

yep ,you can use Bootdiskutility as and also Transmac alternative to USBIT or Win32diskimager ,transmac will give you write access to usb drive

yep ,you can use Bootdiskutility as and also Transmac alternative to USBIT or Win32diskimager ,transmac will give you write access to usb drive

I guess I am not clear enough in my question.

My pendrive is not booting using win32, and 2 pendrives method. Also using vmware it failed to boot. But I can boot into clover using BDU so I want this clover bootloader into niresh (replacing the niresh own's bootloader with clover).

My pendrive also shows as fixed drive rather removal device, is it a problem?

just only boot with bdu usb and select niresh usb thats it ,,,better use transmac and after restore check files are there ???

just only boot with bdu usb and select niresh usb thats it ,,,better use transmac and after restore check files are there ???

I did the BDU method and can go to clover but after selecting niresh usb, it gets stuck on a black screen (left for 20 mins).

Trying transmac now, will post results.

when you got screen press o from keyboard and add -v in flags then select niresh usb 

when you got screen press o from keyboard and add -v in flags then select niresh usb 

Hmm transmac gave same result, stuck with a blackscreen.

[edit] : Saw your suggestion, but press 'o' where? on clover and then -v? then selecting niresh usb right?

Same, set boot flag -v but no progress. Just a blackscreen. Trying different pendrive this time. Will update.

[update] : corrupted the other pendrive (apacer), ordered HP v229g. Hope will get till tuesday.

Thanks.

@Deepak,

You are in India, will you please kindly tell me where to buy a super dvd which can be used to burn the mavericks.iso?

I searched all websites but no luck. Can I burn it on 2 dvd (i know it sounds silly but nth is impossible theory).?

[update] : Borrowed an 8gb sony storage media (now its a removal device in win 7) but got same result. Blackscreen :(

Well how to change .dmg file to iso? dmg2iso says its corrupted :(

you can try on any dual layer DVD or as far my experience HP pendrives are not good to use for hackintosh ,,now i'm using Scandisk Cruzer and i have tested it on Transcend ,Strontium ,Sony works perfect 

you can try on any dual layer DVD or as far my experience HP pendrives are not good to use for hackintosh ,,now i'm using Scandisk Cruzer and i have tested it on Transcend ,Strontium ,Sony works perfect 

Should I add a video?

If it helps to understand my prob.

I cant even start USB booting as soon I select usb, it stucks on a black screen :(

[update] : Tried Ubuntu on usb (sony), n it works fine as bootable media.

I have a legacy bios, plz help!

[update] : downloading ML 10.8.5 iso to burn on dvd and check if it boots. Will post the result.

[update] : ML 10.8.5 boots but only to stuck at bootcachecontrol bla bla unable to open......playlist

BIOS virtualization is set off, tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and NO both. Tried -x along with too.

Nothing worked till.

[update] : Installed ML 10.8.5 perfectly just cant boot without -x flag, and by using this flag cant mount any drive/pendrive. Not much of use.

without -x it stucks on ntfs volume ....3.1 (2 times)

Some one said to delete all AppleIntelHDxx.kext I did but it didnt solve the prob.

Should I post it in ML section?

I am looking for more help :(

I have the same notebook ah532 g21 fujitsu

Notebook not boot with hfs based images. Solution is simple.

1-Install 7zip your windows os.

2- open image osx1.9.dmg with 7zip inside the dmg file , there is *.img file

3- install win32 disk imager

4- plug usb

5- run win32 disk imager and write the img file to the usb

6- prepare bios boot with usb

7- start your machine

8-it will boot

but your intel wireless N  2230  not run. I am still trying to prepare kext for  wireless

1 person likes this

@ How did you finally get it to be recognized by the laptop? I am having the same issue. The PC directly boots to Windows. All BIOS options have been properly configured.

Me too, I have the same problem with toshiba satellite a665-s6050. I can't reach boot menu however I can do that on my pc with the same niresh edition and with the same usb flash. So where is the problem?!! what shall we do please?!

please help. I can't even reach the boot menu despite many attempts. However, I do reach the menu boot with the same installer flash on another pc.

Yes, exactly,even I can't reach to Vesa, the 1st thing come in niresh dos somethings like that ..for me nothing showing...I tried transmac to restore , doesn't work .i tried BD utility .exe.can manage see clover n also can see Yosemite usb but when I click , it's all blank dark , no vesa or nothing to add command, just blank . Tried usb bit also same ..my flash drive is sand disk cruzer8GB . I tried another distro ex aitkos distro . Can manage to go but it's only ML ..I need Yosemite .pls I how to solve this ..still can boot Yosemite zone..