Install error: "Unable to find driver for this Platform ACPI"
4 4

Question

hey all!

any solution on how to fix this?

everything goes smoothly until second screen when i reach the panic.

see header for error. 

its standard backtrace CPU:0 

can post a picture later if needed. (just let me know) ;)

ive tried both enabling ACPI and ACPI 2.0(and disabling)

disabled VT(enabled)

all BIOS modifications that could be suitable have been tested and proven faulty. 

no option of enabling HPET in bios(AmiBios 1203) for P5E WS PRO. (intel E6850 Core 2 Duo @3,0GHZ) 

post-29350-0-15339000-1394197974_thumb.j

17 answers to this question

@ @Deepak hey!just bought myself 2 new USB flash drives and ready to go...since im running on x38 chipset would i need to install anything extra first?or first install a bootloader?or pc-efi- v8 or 9? i have a bootloader for linux installed, but i will remove that sd-card when installing Niresh...

problem solved, mavericks perfect install, runs smoother than any ever;) had a tough time finding drivers for my ethernet and wireless, but found them on my other computer and used that wonderful kext wizard...lovely! now, for the next part and questions:

i have two other HD´s i used to use with my windows in raid, can i safely add them back to the satacables and install windows on one of those?:) never mind, trial and error is the key, thanks a lot:) 

btw, the solution for install was: ivy -v

in case anyone else stumbles upon a similar issue... :D 

it seems your AppleACPIPlatform.kext is mising ,do a fresh install ,

how do you created a bootable usb ???

@ USBIT also an alternative to Win32

your problem is caused by memory problem

just try maxmem=3096 -v or maxmem=4096 -v 

tried that as well, was thinking i could try using the .iso image instead, as that seems to work smoothly when im testing it virtually. but now i cant seem to be able to fix(format or add a different boot image to the drive) the USB 

since its now a bootable drive with raw files and write protection. is there any way to fix this? tried diskutil (mac os x(ML) and windows, and changed settings in regedit etc etc etc.

or should i just buy another usb? :)

EDIT: USB problem solved. fixed the USB settings in BIOS to be used as a hard drive, then no problems with formatting the disk.

will try using the .iso instead now and get back to this thread later:-) 

Hey guys i have the same problem as erkkitoshnoob.

i face this problem https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_PQ4KjrUh6yU0RyOWtFVnE4dEN6M256aVREeWNxOWEzZlY0/edit?usp=sharing

My specs are:

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 54 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. NP880Z5E-X01UB (SOCKET 0) 55 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Samsung)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M (Samsung)
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA) 39 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

hi!did you try my solution of booting with ivy-v ?

it worked for me, i also made a new installer on a different usb which ensured no similar issues. also make sure all bios issues are resolved, such as vt-d etc. these things might create unfortunate events. its working fine for me now anyway. not all pwm things, but mainly everything. 

Hey erkkitoshnoob i am not too familiar with the working of installing Hackintosh.This is my first time.Ya i tried using your ivy -v but it didnt work.Can you guide me if possible that what other problems might be causing it.

@Rik Nair did you manage to boot into the usb correctly by setting it as primary boot drive from bios?

please make sure that all BIOS settings like vt-d etc. is disabled. also, its very important that your hard drives are set up to be AHCI. 

which guide did you follow?the one from mac breaker or the one from this site. they have equal strenghts and weaknesses, depending on your system. you should basically browse around from similar issues and guides. for some reason after just trying everything from disabling all possible intel related issues to changing boot order on my graphics cards it just worked. im not even completely sure what or how it worked. but ive been running steady with x38, ich9r, even with newest update 10.9.3 and system has been up now for 3-4 months, so it works if you just figure out how. its a lot of trial and error, just keep at it and you will find a way that works with your system, perhaps

@ har any help for you:-) 

Hey i followed a video which has almost same configurations as mine.Here is the link 

yes i have AHCI enabled.

but the problem i am facing is that when the installtion finishes successfully,and i restart chameleon doest show me options of booting from different HDD partitons i already have.I can only select the USB mavericks installer there.i have other partitions of windows 8.1 and some recovery partitions

aha, ok...well, you would need to use chameleon wizard and use the boot 0(boot with several OS´es) or something like that.

you will(should) also need to enable ntfs in os x.

you can do this using a third party disk manager like tuxera(free trial) or paragon(cant remember if it offers free trial).

or you can use these commands in terminal:

sudo nano /etc/fstab

enter password.

LABEL=NAME none ntfs rw,auto,nobrowse (be sure to replace "name" with your drive, for instance dev/disk1 or untitled depending on your config.

save it with ctrl+O

Paragon also offers a native support for ntfs read/write.

there are also other various options to display your other OS disks in mac os x. just run a search for "how to read ntfs drives in os x" or something along those lines.

also be sure that you are booting into the right disk and that the bootloader is installed to the correct directory. (either a created boot dir or at the "beginning" of a partition. :-) hope this helps=) 

My specs is: ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Sparkle nVidia 9400GT, Intel Core2Duo E6600. I am booting Niresh-Mavericks ISO from a pendrive (transferred via Win32DMGR), and using iBoot to boot. It is showing the error "Kernel panic: Driver for ACPI not found". I have tried acpi=no flag, but doesn't work. I have tried disabling ACPI v2 and ACPI APIC as well. No luck. Can anyone help me out?