Problem with slytherin and elan touchpad
2 2

Question

Hi all...

My laptop has elan touchpad and with the last program slytherin i succeded to recognize the touchpad(in system properties i can change the settings for my touchpad) but it doesn't move or click...anybody can help? :) thnx

15 answers to this question

when selecting make sure you have choosed kernel and System cache updater ,,,you install kexts here in post or used slytherin  but both require  kernel and System cache updater

thx !!!!!!! I download the attached file Elan_v3.5.zip , and my touchpad work perfectly now

thx again!!

what version of OSX you are using ??

hi sorry for the delay but perhaps i lost my post :P 

i have mavericks 10.9.0 

so use Slytherin ver 1.0 

in slytherin 1.0 when i install it says that i these kexts can't be used because they didn't installed prpoperly and after install i install them with kext wizard(because they have been extracted in extensions)

when selecting make sure you have choosed kernel and System cache updater ,,,you install kexts here in post or used slytherin  but both require  kernel and System cache updater

Elan_v3.5.zip

1 person likes this

nothing but i'm using slytherin 1.1 can you post 1.0 here so i can try with that>?

use kext from last attachment install using kext wizard and run Slytherin select or ticked only Kernel and System Cache updater install it ...don't select anything 

Notthing again....i remove the kext first repair permisions restart laptop and then install the kext of your post did that in slythering(tools->kernel and system cache ) restart but the only i can see is in system pref the touchpad recognized but not responding...:/

update it to 10.9.2 and wait until new update come 

ok but when i updated to 10.9.1 i had a kernel panic...(from appstore)

do i have to do something more?

will you post a image of Kernel Panic 

i also have an elan touchpad but i can only use keyboard (USB Mouse is also not working) OS 10.9.0

i also have an elan touchpad but i can only use keyboard (USB Mouse is also not working) OS 10.9.0

try to use oldest ver or latest ver of Elan touchpad kext