OPEMU: ud2 Error after 10.9.2 update

Question

Had this error twice on a FX-6100 and an A10 (Both AMD). I downloaded the kernel and combo update and followed instructions on download page. I booted into my install used and tried both "mach_kernel.bak -v" and "mach_kernel.bak -x -v" and both times it spammed "OPEMU: ud2". How do I fix this?

19 answers to this question

OPEMU : UD2 , this is a BUG in the opcode a part of the AMD kernel .

The only way to fix the problem after an update , I have described several times ,

You simply need to do a Rollback of Sandbox.kext and System.kext from Mavericks 10.9.

Then repair the permissions and reboot your system . that's all!

Each Mavericks kernel has the same bug as all AMD kernel based on the opcode of Sinetek and Andy van Dijk .

As long as the error is not corrected, the rollback must be made after each update .

4 people like this

If you want the Roll back Files Let me know and il Upload Them Here for You.

1 person likes this

Yea, if you could upload them, that would be most helpful :) Also, please can I have instructions on as to how I do that???

Thanks Khat

~Synergy

Ok Give me a Min Im helpin someone else and Il Upload the Files needed.You Welcome :)

2 people like this

Sweet, Thanks buddy! Thankyou :)  How do I go about fixing it considering I only have one working machine on windows?

1 person likes this

Downloaded the ZIP and read the Readme.RTF but how do I go about using it?

You simply need to do a Rollback of Sandbox.kext and System.kext from Mavericks 10.9.
Then repair the permissions and reboot your system . that's all!

Install the Kexts With Your Kexts Intaller and Then Repair Permissions and Reboot System.

1 person likes this

I don't have a kext installer. I can not boot into OS X. I also don not know how to repar the permissions

download Kext Utility From The Download Area It install The Kext Automatic all You do is Drop the Kexts in The App.and it also Reapir Permission at The Same Time.

I have a kext installer already in OS X but as I said, I can not boot into it so how the hell do I install the kexts without out acesess to any OS X machine...

The only machine I have is Windows

Is their a way I can read/write to an OS X Extended Journaled drive in Windows and manually install kexts & repair the permissions?

Right. I have had a look online and can find nothing else so I am going to re-install so I am on 10.9.0 then can someone please give me a step by step guide?

Ok, have clean installed on 10.9.0 and have patched with a mix of Slytherin and Multibeast. Everything is now working ok as you would expect. Can someone now give me step by step help as to how I update?

Ok, I have that downloading, what next???

I take is Chameleon was the better bootloader to go for over clover in this situation?