Intel HD 4400 Screen Flickering
5 5

Question

I succesfully installed maverick 10.9 niresh edition on my pc and it boot normally. but, one thing about screen, whenever there are animation, the screen get flicker and tear. How can I fix this problem? and how  to check if qe/ci enabled?

fyi, my pc's spec:

Intel i3 4130 with onchip GPU Intel HD 4400

Asrock H81M-HDS

corsair vengeance 4GB

1 person likes this

20 answers to this question

If the screen flickers like you say Its a Graphic Problem.did You install the Graphics kexts

For Your Graphic?

1 person likes this

If the screen flickers like you say Its a Graphic Problem.did You install the Graphics kexts

For Your Graphic?

no, I didn't install graphic kext (since I don't find one). But I setting in slytherin app to configure chameleon boot.plist for intel hd4400. But it still flickering. Anyhelp?

use flag GraphicsEnabler=No, try to recreate the situation of flicker. Post results.

@naonweh I recommend you inject your EDID through Clover. That will definitely solve the tearing issues. As for graphics acceleration try to inect Intel (enable the option) in clover configurator.

Hi, +1

Any solution for this issue? I have the same processor.

Thanks.

use flag GraphicsEnabler=No, try to recreate the situation of flicker. Post results.

unfortunately, result are the same with GraphicsEnabler=No, still flickering

@naonweh I recommend you inject your EDID through Clover. That will definitely solve the tearing issues. As for graphics acceleration try to inect Intel (enable the option) in clover configurator.

So, I should change from chameleon to clover for bootloader, true? can you explain more about EDID thing? This is my first time using hackintosh (and also mac osx) :)

@naonweh Yes you must change your bootloader to Clover which can be downloaded here.

Then you must install Clover Configurator which can be downloaded here

Then go to my video on how to enable qe/ci, just follow only the EDID extraction part.

Go to clover configurator > File > Open > Your hard disk/ EFI / Clover / Config.plist 

Then go to the Graphics Tab and then copy and paste your edid as shown in the video 

Don't tick any boxes except Inject EDID.

Tell me if you face any further problems

2 people like this

@Devonic Ok I have follow your tutorial, changing boot loader to clover and inject edid. but problem still the same. Even scrolling on browser page result screen flickering. And in system information, my graphic isn't recognised. :( 

grf.jpg

@naonweh Since the Intel HD4400 has no proper kext support, you will have to use an Intel HD 5000 kext / configuration to get it to work. The chance that you will get it working with full QE/CI is very slim. :(

I have same problem, but I have Dell inspiron 7520 with Intel Hd 4000 + Ati 7730m also nothing helps

@ This thread is about an Intel 4400 not a 4000

You can find a guide on how to enable the Intel HD 4000 (if you can disable your main ati card in your BIOS) here.

@naonweh Since the Intel HD4400 has no proper kext support, you will have to use an Intel HD 5000 kext / configuration to get it to work. The chance that you will get it working with full QE/CI is very slim. :(

ow,, too bad.. Is there any way to enabling acceleration on this without proper driver hd5000 kext?

so how is it? managed to get it working with full QE/CI ?

@ I still haven't managed it to work,, how's yours? any update? 

HD 4000 and 4400 aren't natively supported, nor is there a custom kext to enable them to the fullest extant. Your only option is to use the basic detection that doesn't utilize the full amount of memory, or just get a video card. The screen tearing is from lack of video memory, I'm assuming launch, dashboard and mission control are choppy as well. I believe you can manually add the graphics through OSX86Tools (1.0.5 is compatible with Mavericks). Add EFI strings/Boot flag, Boot editor will now open, Click GFX Strings at the top of the screen, Scroll down to Custom Intel Graphics, manually set amount of VRAM (usually 128-512MB, either way, it's not a dedicated video source, so that video memory (VRAM) will be sharing from your systems RAM), then manually adding video outputs (usually DVI, VGA, HDMI, etc), once completed, a code will appear at the bottom of the screen, copy the coding, go into Boot.plist inside your extras folder (/extras) and pasting the code under GraphicsMode type without quotes "<key>device-properties</key>

<string> Paste Code you copied from OSX86Tools Here </string>", remove any graphics enabler bootflags, this will conflict with the coding. And that should do it, if it fails, get Chameleon Wizard, and inject the Hex string in boot.plist, if THAT fails, get a physical card. It just isn't supported. In general, HD4400 is not going to be powerful enough to run things like Dashboard and Mission control with ease, nor will you have the transparent finderbar. You will lose a lot of eye-candy by using HD 4400.

OSX86Tool -  https://code.google.com/p/osx86tools/downloads/list

Good luck! (I did the method above with onboard g31/33 graphics, and it worked, I have not tested this method with Intel HD graphics.)

naonweh I have the same motherboard but I can't boot niresh. After I select to boot from usb the white screen of logo loading appears only for 1 second and then restarting. What is wron

Can you tell me please the uefi settings?

thanks