Install works fine but can't boot without -x flag.
2 2

Question

I have an Inspiron 660 i5 3330 3.0 with Intel 2500 HD graphics.  Installation went smoothly but after install it will only completely boot if I use the -x flag.  I have used DarwinDumper and uploaded it to my web server @ http://www.craneleg.com/files/DarwinDumper.zip.  i would have uploaded it here but it was bigger than 500KB. 

Please let me know if any further information is needed.  This is all new to me.

Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Looks like graphics issue, start with GraphicsEnabler=Yes  or GraphicsEnabler=No.

1 person likes this

I have this problem too. Cannot boot whithout -x -v. 

Just installed 10.9 to Acer Aspire S3 and it is getting stuck at the white screen with the Apple logo :(

Remove all ATI and nVidia (as you said only HD2500 card) as well as GeForce kext, build cache and reboot with -v.

I am booting with -x -v. Have deleted another Drivers - but no Effekt.

How can i use USB Devices? And i can not see my HDD.

Thanks

My Ultrabook is Acer Aspire S3 params:

Core i5 3117

SSD 20Gb

HDD 500Gb

Video HD4000

-x mode, so you won't be able to mount them (as much I guess) but to be sure goto disk utility, there you will see other drives. Try to mount. For USB devices you need to specify which device? Is it a keyboard? Mouse? USB drive? 

1 person likes this

Thanks for Antworts.

-x mode, so you won't be able to mount them (as much I guess) but to be sure goto disk utility, there you will see other drives. Try to mount. For USB devices you need to specify which device? Is it a keyboard? Mouse? USB drive? 

I have USB mouse and its working without problem. But i cannot add USB Drive after booting in System.  In disk utility i can see other HDD drive but cannot mount it (probably have no right).

@Biotin Try booting with -x -v USBBusFix=Yes 

that does not help  :(

@joejoe45 Looks like your Intel HD 2500 doesn't have any graphics acceleration from your dump file. Did you install the USB 3.0 Kext ?

Edited by Devonic
1 person likes this

@joejoe45 Just use slytherin to install the kexts. It might be an issue because your system profiler shows USB 3.0 ports on your motherboard 

Edited by Devonic

@Biotin,

Plz use your own thread, don't hack others thread. Its misleading to all of us as well as you.

1 person likes this

@ Sorry guys. I will make new Thread and all information about my Laptop an OS X  on it. Thanks :)

@Biotin Don't forget to give clear and concise information, helps us out a lot.