OS X Maverick 10.9.0 AMD A8 4500M

Question

Am trying to install OS X Maverick 10.9.0 on my Acer AMD A8 4500m laptop but instead of going to the installer i get a wired screen.

check attach files for pictures. i have read about using the Bronya 10.9 beta rc4 fix kernel but i dont know how to replace the kernel in the OS X Maverick 10.9.0.dmg.

Please help

post-31915-0-33058200-1394643962_thumb.j

post-31915-0-99940200-1394643901_thumb.j

26 answers to this question

Very simple solution if its what I think.

When you get this screen, plug in and off your power cable (5-10 seconds delay). If you don't have UPS to take load of 5-10 sec then try pressing spacebar 3-5 times.

Cheers

Very simple solution if its what I think.

When you get this screen, plug in and off your power cable (5-10 seconds delay). If you don't have UPS to take load of 5-10 sec then try pressing spacebar 3-5 times.

Cheers

Thank you pushing the space bar worked but now it's says "Volume Erase failed, couldn't modify partition map when I tried to format the partition.

Again from here I can say bad mounting from Windows/Linux. Did you shutdown Windows/Linux (before OSX) abnormally? Using Utility format your whole HDD, recreate partition. If you are just experimenting with OSX and don't have a long term plan, format partitions as exFat (except 1 for MAC).

Again from here I can say bad mounting from Windows/Linux. Did you shutdown Windows/Linux (before OSX) abnormally? Using Utility format your whole HDD, recreate partition. If you are just experimenting with OSX and don't have a long term plan, format partitions as exFat (except 1 for MAC).

I figure i had to do something like that. Right now am using my brother's HDD and it worked on his so i'll test it out. My OS is windows 8.1 BTW and i don't want to remove my OS and then Maverick doesn't work.

Update;

I got it installed! but a few problems, my mouse pad stop working when it got to the setup screen i had to use my desktop mouse. Also i know its a know problem with APU resolutions at 1024x768. Anyway to fix the resolution? 

Bluetooth's working

Wifi is not < expected but it doesn't bother me much ( getting and wifi adapter that works with mac)

Ethernet working

Sound not working ATM don't know if i can fix it but i'll try

Install VooDooHDA for sound. And I am sorry but i didn't get your resolution prob, explain plz.

Install VooDooHDA for sound. And I am sorry but i didn't get your resolution prob, explain plz.

when i go to display settings i only see 1024x768 and my laptop resolution is 1336x768. Am re installing on my own HDD right now, will this boot flag fix the resolution? "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32"

Also before i being install, should i unchecked "Tackpad, PS/2 Mouse & Keyboard support"? because my Tackpad stop working after installation or try fixing it with multibeast later

If you have synaptic touchpad don't remove it. It could be a temp prob. if other touchpad then you can remove and install as per your touchpad. First focus on sound.

Use GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

If you have synaptic touchpad don't remove it. It could be a temp prob. if other touchpad then you can remove and install as per your touchpad. First focus on sound.

Use GraphicsEnabler=No flag.

Once it finishes installing, i'll try to fix the sound and use that flag then i'll reply the results.

I have been trying to install all day but my laptop and its keeps restarting. i think its a heat issue.

@

Reboot where? use -v flag then tell from where it reboots. If it don't give you a waiting screen and just reboots then its boot loader which is set to restart on CP. See guide section for more info.

@

Reboot where? use -v flag then tell from where it reboots. If it don't give you a waiting screen and just reboots then its boot loader which is set to restart on CP. See guide section for more info.

I mean it shuts down. Fan wasn't working but i fixed it now and got OSX installed. Trying to fix sound now and resolution and you suggested. btw mouse pad still not working 

Update fix my touchpad buy using the kext found herehttp://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

Sounds working but its a little bug and my screen resolutions its fine now. Only one problem is that my screen is all glitchy 

I notice my GPU only has 4MB of vram so that should explains why its so glitch out and some applications loads slow

Yes its capital "i". When suggesting flag we are careful too.

PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v

Try and tell.

Its not OSX error but bootloader issue, it happens when you touch bootloader's folder without any idea what are you doing. Did you install any theme for chimera? Try booting with PCIRootUID=1 -v -x. If it boots revert back to original theme.

Its not OSX error but bootloader issue, it happens when you touch bootloader's folder without any idea what are you doing. Did you install any theme for chimera? Try booting with PCIRootUID=1 -v -x. If it boots revert back to original theme.

No this is actually a fresh install i did right before i tried your boot flag but i didn't install any Graphics, Audio or PS/2 kexts as yet because i know they don't work on my laptop and also am having overheating issues with my laptop. The CPU fan works sometimes then it don't. i took it apart clean it but the fan is just going bad. I should be getting a replacement CPU fan by Monday.

Yes i boot fine with or without those flags but using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" give me the last error line in the picture above.