Sleeping Mode doesn't work
1 1

Question

hi guys

Recently I installed Mavericks 10.9.0 and updated to 10.9.2 on my Toshiba Satellite A300. Everything works fine but i have problem with sleep mode. When I close my laptop, OS X stay running. When I press power-button or click Sleep, I get black screen with frozen cursor. I had installed sleepenabler and sleep kexts but it changed nothing. Any ideas how to fix Sleep Mode?

3 answers to this question

@@ Sleep mode is notoriously unreliable on hackintoshed systems and even with real macbook pros (15 sec bug). It can result in freezes, graphics card errors and so on... So i suggest both of you from preventing your display from going to sleep by going to > Settings > Energy Saver > Never Sleep Display Sliders

tl;dr Sleep mode doesn't work reliably

Edited by Devonic
2 people like this

As stated @Devonic, I will add a bit more.

As Hackintosh are not supported (even deliberately patched to prevent by Apple). A few features till date don't work (if worked for you then your are lucky).

List as per my memory is :

1. Optimus and a few other Graphics cards.

2. Multitouch Synaptic touchpad

3. Mouse cursor pixel precision (you won't notice if you are not into hardcore gaming)

4. SLEEP

So be happy with what you have. SLEEP in mine doesn't work fully (fan is always rotating) if it satisfies your needs ;)

1 person likes this