Booting failed after installation
1 1

Question

Hi, Downloaded Niresh Meverick 10.9 and installed on my Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 without any problem. After installation system reboot as usual, but booting stuck in the middle. Here I'm attaching the screenshot. Could you please help me on this, thanks in advance...

xbet.jpg

l5iw.jpg

keqj.jpg

Regards...

34 answers to this question

@ After you boot into Mavericks, install a patched AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment.kext through Slytherin. This will allow your laptop to get full resolution graphics acceleration and allow it to function properly

@ Intel Centrino cards will never work with OSX :( 

2 people like this

@ After you boot into Mavericks, install a patched AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment.kext through Slytherin. This will allow your laptop to get full resolution graphics acceleration and allow it to function properly

Thanks but I dont have touch pad for navigate through this windows...

Thanks but I dont have touch pad for navigate through this windows...

@ Again, use slytherin to install the Elan touchpad kext 

Edited by Devonic

Thanks @ and @Devonic for your help, I think it is not possible to continue with Maverick without wireless. And I'm not able to install the above mentioned package without having mouse control, because I'm new to mac. Really appreciate your help, thanks again. 

@ You can install by plugging in a USB mouse. and yes wifi incompatibilities are frequent deal breakers in installing OSX. You can replace your wifi card with supported ones like the AR 9285 which costs around 10 - 20 $. Anyway good luck and keep trying :D

Edited by Devonic
1 person likes this

@ You can install by plugging in a USB mouse. and yes wifi incompatibilities are frequent deal breakers in installing OSX. You can replace your wifi card with supported ones like the AR 9285 which costs around 10 - 20 $. Anyway good luck and keep trying :D

I tried usb mouse but it is also not detecting. I'm booting on safe mode. ie, -x GraphicsEnabler=No 

You mean replace wifi card on my laptop? will i get an alternate one?

@ Boot with -x GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes

If your BIOS permits, you can buy and snap in a new wifi card by removing the back cover

@ Boot with -x GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes

If your BIOS permits, you can buy and snap in a new wifi card by removing the back cover

Is there any way to know the BIOS permit or not. if support which one you recommend.

@ Just go to your BIOS and check if there is anything related to the WLAN card, if not you might be good to go to buy a mini pci-e wifi card. I recommed the Atheros 9285 (the one i'm using now). It is a native apple supported card and is very stable

1 person likes this

@Devonic Booted with -x GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes option but still mouse is not detecting. May be the modules that I installed is wrong. Is there any help for selecting the modules while installing...

@ the USB Mouse or the builtin trackpad ? Can you plug in USB drives into your laptop ?

@ the USB Mouse or the builtin trackpad ? Can you plug in USB drives into your laptop ?

USB mouse it is plugged in. but not working... USB flash drives are also not working. But I can see the bootable flash.

Just to be sure this time use one more flag (don't remove other flags) :

UseKernelCache=No

see if touchpad works.

@ Ok do one thing. Boot into OSX. Go to > Applications > Utilities > System Information > File > Save and upload it here.

@ Ok do one thing. Boot into OSX. Go to > Applications > Utilities > System Information > File > Save and upload it here.

Which keyboard short cut for navigating through the menu.

@ ALT + Space, type System Information, ALT + S