MSI Z77A-G43 Booting only in Safeboot
1 1

Question

Hi to All

This is my first post in this forum. Iam not expert with MAC OS x just i trying.

I have the motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 with CPU Intel Core i5-3470 3.20 Ghz.

Motherboard has compatible Intel HD Graphics, Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller (ethernet)

and sound a) intel dispaly Audio B) Realtek High Definion Audio

I installed Mavericks OS X 10.9.0 as Niresh instructions.

When PC starts to pick up the Operational System but remains on apple......

If i will use the parameter -x Mavericks open but in safe boot.

Is there any idea what i must do?

tks for any attention

23 answers to this question

@patroklos You need to give us more details. Go to > Applications > Utilities > System Information > File > Save and then attach it to your next message.

Edited by Devonic
1 person likes this

Also this time use flag -v and tell where it sticks (don't use -x).

Thanks for attention

I will give you the information on Monday because the pc with mavericks I have it in my office.

For Moderator  Devonic   i attached the file which asked me

and for the member Aman i give you the last ten lines before stuck. As you will see the system tries to find bluetooth controller  but there is not any bluetooth controller on the mainboard!!

Both Reports there are in reports.zip attachment.

tks for help

Reports.zip

Firt of all thanks for quick answer.

Let me know where i will put the kext in which directory (full path) and how i mean just copy or with for instance kext wizard

And let me know if it is possible to remove kext with bluetooth (where is it (full path) and how i will do it)

tks

And let me know if it is possible to remove kext with bluetooth (where is it (full path) and how i will do it)

tks

@patroklos Yes, if you need to remove it, it is at YOUR HARD DISK/System/Library/Extensions/

I tried with Kext as you gave me but the result is the same does not continue in the normal mode stay in "Apple" and try but nothing more.

Safe Boot its ok as before

Any othe idea?

when i boot with -v it arrived in the line before the last line as it is in my reports attachment before that means because i removed the bluetooth kext it

doen not ask it.

As i understand the problem could be from cpu.. Must put a kext which could work!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I don't know how missing bluetooth control can halt system booting. boot with PCIRootUID=1 as well as 0 with -v UseKernelCache=No

I Tried to boot as Devonic said with USBBusFix=Yes  but result same

I Tried to boot as Aman Said 3 times with PCIRootUID=1 ,  PCIRootUID= 0 and -v UseKernelCache=no but result same

Did you follow any guide (see section). Many missed the BIOS settings (i hope you didn't in this case). How ever its case sensitive "UseKernelCache=No".

this time add one more flag npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.

thanks for informations, tommorow i will continue.. 

Just i want to say that i installed in another pc in the past Niresh 10.8 and it works until today without any problem. This is the reason that i want to fix the mavericks in my new pc because

i trust Niresh installation.

I am here again and trying..

I just  tried to boot in nomal mode with "UsekernelCasche=No"  but nothing

For your information, in the beginning before start the installation of Mavericks i show the guide section and i followed the instructions for Bios.

Now let me know, because I didnt before, how i will write and in which boot (boot or boot without caches) the string....

Can you yet boot with -x? Yes yes then boot with -v and tell if its yet on bluetooth.. (I just want to be sure your system is as before it was and you did not got new KP)

thanks once more for trying to help me

Pc with - x it works, also with -v it gives me everything as before without the last line, as i had written before, means without bluethooth because if you remember i had moved to trash the bluetooth kext

Another thing. What do you say to edit the play list of booter chameleon in extra directory and if you agree give me the string or strings and where i will put it.

tks

Also in org chameleon boot list by default is flag npci=0x2000. I change with flag npci=0x3000 and when i did restart in normal mode i had kernel panic but with -x  i edit again

the flag npci=0x2000 and pc it works as before (normal boot stays and trying in "apple", -x boot works)

You didnt tell, just boot with -v and tell where it stuck, or screenshot better (use a mobile)

Hi i come back to continue because some personal problems didnt let me time....

about bluetooth system doens ask for it because i had remove the kext of it.

any other idea?????????

tks