Dell XPS 15 L502X Graphics problem (Artifacts)
4 4

Question

Hello Guys,

I've successfully installed Mavericks but getting graphics artifacts,

How to get rid of it? Why are they coming anyway?

Both HD3000 & Nvidia GT540M are detected and I'm getting graphics acceleration too but due to artifacts can't do anything....

Plz Help...! 

12 answers to this question

have you checked getting full qe/ci ??

@pranay619 As previously stated numerous times, switchable graphics one of the things OSX can't handle (in this case the HD 3000 and the NVIDIA GT540M). You must focus on getting only the HD 3000 working because most of the times, only integrated graphics are going to work. For a start try removing NVidia and ATI kexts and boot with IGPEnabler=Yes GraphicsEnabler=No

Additionally if you are still getting artifacts/ weird lines, you might want to consider injecting your EDID.

Edited by Devonic

Hello guys,

I installed 10.9.3 on dell xps 15 l502x i5 2450m & 540m. I removed all kexts other than hd3000. I patched DSDT for battery with Rehab. I installed all-in-one solution for audio

I am facing 2 problems one with built-in Microphone and other artifacts. I am getting QE/QI and HD 3000 graphic is working well with native resolution 1366 x 768. I noticed artifacts are generated when temp raise. Starting of laptop for about 30 mins or so artifacts begin showing up. 

Please need help for both issues. 

Thanks in advance.

what flags r u using ???

Dear Mr Deepak,

I need your help very badly please. I have the same laptop as Mr Pranay. I am facing 2 issues. Artifacts & built-in mic. I used Unibeast method and installed 10.9.3. After installation I choose Chimera and other kexts from Multi-beast. I installed All-in-one solution for audio. I patched DSDT for battery from Rehabman laptop patches. 

I noticed artifacts generate after some time, possibly 30 mins, after startup. I get native 1366 x 768 resolution and QE/QI.

Please help and thanks in advance.

Venkat Kumar

Use chameloen or clover bootloader , have you tried without Dsdt is getting artifacts ,for audio you need patched applehda

Use chameloen or clover bootloader , have you tried without Dsdt is getting artifacts ,for audio you need patched applehda

Audio is ALC665. I searched in google to get kext. I couldn't find it. Please help. Artifact problem remain same

VoodooHDA 2.8.5 is working with slight disturbance in mic. Speakers working fine.

Please provide patched AppleHDA for ALC665 that helps me a lot.

I am finding a new problem of laptop heating up. I don't know why and how to solve this problem.

you are not getting Power management , need SSDT to get all this working ,use MacPois0n will do this work select SSDT generator

you are not getting Power management , need SSDT to get all this working ,use MacPois0n will do this work select SSDT generator

I used MacPoison and generated SSDT and placed in extra folder. But still laptop getting heated up. Artifacts really going me crazy. I removed all but hd3000 kexts. Tried without DSDT. No Use. 

I read in " Insanelymac" : " new information i.e. more testing shows that if i change just the panel size info (and leave everything else). then the built-in EDID worked perfectly. see post above. i was wrong about sync buffers etc.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293313-intel-hd3000-artifacts/

Please explain how to change panel size and where to find to change. Please Help

Hello Guys,

I am having a DELL XPS L502X, trying to boot but no luck, can anyone let me know the flags to successfully boot.

Everytime I try with a flag gets a new error.

Currently I am stuck with Bluetooth Controller Missing