Connection failed....AppStore Imessage and mail app are not working
1 1

Question

I am unable to use appstore, imessage and mail app. But iCloud is working perfectly.

After entering my correct user id and password, i got a "connection failed" error in appstore.

And In i message it says "Could not sign into imessage, The username and Password was incorrect. Try again."

But using the same apple id i can able to use the icloud and see my iPad, iPhone cloud datas in Niresh Mavericks 10.9.

In mail app i entered my gmail user id and password, it says "A connection errror occurred".

Any ideas to resolve this issue???

14 answers to this question

@ A universal iMessage fix is not found yet but you can get iCloud and Appstore working by downloading this file

@Devonic Can you please explain this part

edit /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist add section:

EthernetBuiltIn
Yes

I installed it and removed the configured networks. But above things are not clear...

Thanks

@ That is basically a fake en0 port. Somehow this is very intricately related to the iServices not working

1 person likes this

@Devonic I have tried it but still i cant connect it. iCloud is working before and after installing the iMessage fix.

@

Don't get me wrong brother but all these questions/issues had been covered in guide section. Please also go there and check if your issues are in list or have no solution.

Thanks

1 person likes this

@Devonic Everything is working in the Guest account but in admin account its not working!!!!.... Any ideas??

@ No i will not... And thanks for the update... :)

I just downloaded three apps from the appstore using guest account... And also i can able to use the imessages... I dont know why these things are not working in Admin account.(am using root account but changed the username and password)

I have a complete mac but screen brightness and laptop heating problem is yet to resolve. For brightness i downloaded a app from Hackstore named "screen shades". this is really good compare to the original brightness.. And while using safari and launch pad i get a screen flickering. if anybody knows any solution for this issues, pls guide.. 

Heating is slightly a bit more than windows for me too (2-3 C). But I am not sure it can be fixed. I am looking into it myself. May be some senior members will help.

@ If you don't get brightness control, it can be due to your SMBIOS. By default it is set to a Mac Pro 3,1. If you want brightness control by default, change your SMBIOS to a Macbook Pro 6,1 or similar using Clover Configurator or any other tool. Heating issues can be due to improper Graphics Card configs also, always taxing the GPU can heat it up and make your fan run faster.

1 person likes this

@Devonic now i changed my smbios from macpro 3.1 to macbook pro 6.1. But still i cant adjust the brightness. Using slytherin i have changed the smbios.

Any other method to fix this?

And in system information the Graphics/Displays show that my chipset model is intel HD graphics 2000 but in my laptop, the manufacturer sticker says only Intel HD Graphics.

please help...

Thanks

@ I used clover to change the SMBIOS, anyway Slytherin should also work don't know why. Anyway trying to get brightness can be a bane at the end because you will also have to fix the system booting up at low brightness at startup so stick to Shades

Manufacturer stickers don't explicitly display the model no.s (for example ATI Premium Graphics).

If you have full QE/CI on your Intel HD 2000 then you don't have to worry about it.

1 person likes this

@Devonic Please check the attached screenshot of my graphics information. It says that i don't have installed any kext for graphics.

And how to check that i have a full QE/CI on my graphics.  please tell.

1395038906__graphics.png

Thanks

@ Unfortunately both the HD 2000 and the HD 3000 have not been able to achieve full QE/CI :( There are full resolution enabler kexts but none that enables full hardware acceleration.

1 person likes this