How I installed Niresh's Mac OS X 10.8.5 on a Dell Inspiron 14R-3560 with Dual Boot (Windows 7)
3 3

Question

Hey guys.

This topic shows how I installed the Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5 dual boot with Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 14R-3560, some steps may be redundant but that’s the way I did it work, if you have any problem just post bellow that I will try to help you.

Scope:

Dell Inspiron 14R-3560 (Chipset HM77, Intel Core i7 3632QM (2.2 GHz), GT 630M & Intel HD 4000) – System Information attached;

- Dual Boot

Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5

Windows 7

Enable Ethernet

- Enable Sound

Enable Keyboard and Touchpad

Out of scope:

Other models;

Enable GT 630M;

Enable HDMI – Intel HD 4000;

Enable Wifi.

1. Download ImgBurn;

2. Download Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5.iso;

3. Burn the Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5.iso into a blank DVD-R with ImgBurn (AVOID USB DRIVE, I tried with 4 different pen drive on 4 different ports with 4 different distro’s);

4. Burn the Windows 7 Ultimate into a blank DVD-R with ImgBurn;

5. Download and save on a USB Drive the Slytherin ::The Extreme Post-Installation Utility 1.2;

6. Access your BIOS, disable “Virtualization Technologyâ€, set SATA Operation as “AHCI†and change UEFI/BIOS Boot Mode to “Legacyâ€;

7. Press F12 and boot and choose CD-ROM to boot in Windows 7 disk;

8. In the first screen press SHIFT + F10 and type DISKPART  <enter> LIST DISK <enter> SELECT DISK N (where N is your disk) <enter> CLEAN (keep in mind that you’re going to lose all your data) <enter> CONVERT GPT <enter> EXIT <enter> ;

9. Close the CMD and shut down the computer;

10. Press F12 and boot with Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5 with no boot flags;

11. Go to disk utility, create and format 3 GUID Partition Table, 1st as “MAC†– Journaled (Extended), 2nd as “WINDOWS†– FAT MS-DOS  and 3rd as “FILES†– FAT MS-DOS;

12. Quit disk utility and reboot the machine again;

13. Press F12 and boot with Windows 7 disk;

14. Install Windows 7 on the 2nd partition (will be shown as the 3rd  - format as NTFS);

15. After the installation was completed, reboot the computer, press F12 and boot with Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5 with no boot flags;

16. Go to CUSTOMIZE and uncheck Graphics, Ethernet and Sound, then extend Graphics and select only “Backup Graphics Kextâ€;

17. Select the MAC partition and install it;

18. After reboot, press any key, press SPACE and type -x (boot as safe mode);

19. Create your login on the OS X, wait Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5 finishes the installation then restart;

20. Boot again on Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.8.5 without any flag;

21. Open the Slytherin ::The Extreme Post-Installation Utility 1.2 and select ONLY Drivers > Sound > All in One Audio Solution, install, reboot and then select Network > Ethernet > Atheros > ALXEthernet, install, reboot and finally select TouchPad & Keyboard > Generic Touchpad, install, reboot and done!

Note: As I couldn’t enable the HDMI on the Intel HD 4000 Graphics I will try to solve this with the Niresh’s Mac OS X 10.9, so as soon as possible I’m going to post step by step how I did it on Mavericks.

Cheers and beers!

Vinão

This post has been promoted to an article

post-7936-0-79048600-1395175127_thumb.jp

2 people like this

5 answers to this question

really a nice :)  but it needs to be in Sucess stories /Working Builds ..if you want i will move this ..

1 person likes this

i can't understand..

hi, can you make video tutorial about this..?  :inlove:

Tks Deepak... Please move it if you can...

Done  :clapping:  :clapping:  now in article section ..with new image add by me