Installing Niresh Mavericks on Sony Vaio VGN-SR19XN
2 2

Question

Hi,

I managed to install Niresh Mavericks 10.9.0 on this laptop following the official guide posted on this site.

I have two problems:

1. There is no display setting for adjusting the resolution in settings. The laptop has a 1280 x 800 resolution using an Intel (GMA) X4500MHD graphics card. What is the proper kext for this combination?

2. I have no wireless access. The laptop uses the Atheros AR928X wireless card. Again, I need a proper kext to get wifi working.

Thanks for your help!

5 answers to this question

@suedezu The AR 928x is an unsupported wifi chipset, so that means it will not work on any version of OSX.

Graphics is also not going to work :( since OSX Lion (10.7.x) had support only for the Intel GMA 950 and similar, after Lion no version of OSX has supported any of the Intel GMAs.

Edited by Devonic

@suedezu Intel GMAs are not supported starting from Mountain Lion

For wifi try to download and install this kext

Thanks, Devonic for your suggestion for the Wifi kext but it doesn't work.

Is there any solution to get rid of the display flickering in Mavericks on this graphics card or should I try to install Mountain Lion on this latop?

Will Wifi work in ML?

@suedezu The AR 928x is an unsupported wifi chipset, so that means it will not work on any version of OSX.

Graphics is also not going to work :( since OSX Lion (10.7.x) had support only for the Intel GMA 950 and similar, after Lion no version of OSX has supported any of the Intel GMAs.

Bummer!

I guess it's back to Windows 8 on that laptop. :(

Thanks again!