Cpu Is Getting To Hot

Question

hi all my temp of the cpu goes way to high , when i watch a video it getting op to 80-89-celsius everthing else works perfect I got a asus n53sv  i5 intel cpu , niresh 10.8.5i added a attach image of the hwmonitor if any one know's or can tell me how to fix this i would be happy Regard bas from the Netherlandspost-513-0-56223600-1387142644_thumb.png

6 answers to this question

i had same problem ,but since i upgraded to mavericks all cpu and everything seems fine now.sorry i cant help on this problem.

how did u solve the white screen problem after installation???

pls help out

here are also some questions.

1- is the cpu fan working? have you open the computer case and check to make sure is properly spinning?

2 - if you login to mac os x and see the cpu temp is way too high .you should restart the computer and check

the BIOS and see the temp there.maybe is a Bug in mac os x and not the CPU temp it self.

3- you should download a third party app that is specially design to monitor hdd/cpu/etc..and not relly on

hwmonitor.

2 people like this

try that widget and compare the cpu stats and see if both hwmonitor and the widget are reading the same result.

1 person likes this

i would love to update to mavericks but can i do that ? just download the mavericks update from the App Store and install it over niresh 10.8.5 and keep al the kext/drivers ?