Mavericks 10.9.1 slow boot time?

Question

Hi !

What is Yours boot time speed on Mavericks 10.9.1 ? 

Mine is almost 30-40 seconds when I see apple logo and the rotating circle.

My previous hackintosh which was Mountain Lion boot speed was less than 15 seconds. It was really faster than booting up Microsoft Windows.

I am using normal boot using Chameleon (without efi).

I've noticed that original installation of Niresh 10.9.0 was booting a bit faster, after 10.9.1 update it slowed down. But both of them are slower than my previous Mountain Lion.

Please, any advice how can I speed up Niresh distro?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

No one can guess but may be UseKernelCache=No is there in your plist. Also I have a toshiba HDD, and it takess between 33-35 seconds from chameleon's first screen (after boot done screen) to login screen. Did you deleted all graphic .kext which your system doesnt need? Use kextwizard to rebuild your cache and fix permission. Insert boot flag UseKernelCache=Yes into chameleon's .plist.

See if it helps.

1 person likes this

- How can I check which kexts are unused?

- I already have UseKernelCache=Yes

- there is also next thing that is making boot time longer - before chameleon shows up (dual boot switch) i have all the time info "boot0 done" something like that. I was goind around the net for a solution, but their solutions seems to not work with chameleon. How can I turn of the info - and just skip this part of booting?

PS. I fixed permissions and rebuilded cache. Now I am going to restart the os and check if this speeded up the booting time.

Thanks   edit: fixing permissions and cache didn't do anything to boot time speed.

Goto about this Mac->more info->system report->file->save. Post this file.

Also tell your laptop/PC specs.

What information from system report do You need? I don't think that putting them all in public is safe. 

I will make screen shots from the one You want to take a look at. 

My specs:

Desktop PC with:

- CPU: i5-4570 3.2Ghz Haswell

- MB: MSI B85-G43 Sc
- GPU: (two, intel HD 4600 and current set GeForce 9400 GT 512MB) and I am using just graphic enabler = yes to correctly set the resolution and work on mac.

- MEM: HyperX 4GB 1600Mhz DDR3

- HDD: Seagate 1TB SATA III 7200RPM 64MB Cache

- PWR: SilentumPC Deus 600W

It depends on alot of factors why mac take long booting.

But one of the easiest is Check if you have alot of start up programs witch they can make hackintosh

Boot slower.

But then again it could be alot of factors,Meaning how the hackintosh is configure

Or not set up to its full potential ,also some people using ssd versus sata

Drives.

Also you can use a system optimizer to fix start up issues.or other third party

Application.cleaning and maintence can also help alot.

Well i guess you get the point. :)

2 people like this

Are you serious about not posting you system report? And GraphicsEnabler=Yes has nothing to do with your resolution settings, its Graphic Mode. As KhatPat said, check login item too. Last but not least saying I will use your system properties to gain profit or harm you is an insult. May be others will reply.

1 person likes this

What aman ment is post system information Witch is Just Your Hardware/System info...Its not dangerous to do that.

1 person likes this

Hey I am not trying to blame anyone for trying to steal my personal date, I just didnt know if uploading such things is safe and that was a question. 

The file was too large to upload it here, so I uploaded it via zippyshare

http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/21862492/file.html

And please, how can I hide the info boot0: done ? using the standard chameleon that is inside niresh distro. All solutions from the web are describing a files that my chameleon doesn't have...