How to change bootloader
2 2

Question

Hi guys. I had a perfect running Mavericks on my PC with chameleon bootloader. But yesterday I installed Clover bootloader (I thought that i will fix iMessage activation error) and now i can´t boot mavericks. It says me that my motherboard is not compatible witch mavericks (or clover bootloader i dont know) but with Chameleon it worked perfectly. Any ideas how to change bootloader ? Or make USB bootloader with Chameleon or how to delete fukin Clover? What can I do? Thanks a lot.  :)

SORRY for English. :D

10 answers to this question

Just boot the system using the usb installer to login back to your system and then just install

Chameleon bootloader.

Just install chameleon and thats it ,eatch time you install a bootloader it

Overwrites the other one.

1 person likes this

@ just beause YOU dont know how to configure Clover doesn't mean it doesn't work. Infact Clover is the bootloader that has support for the most recent hardware and sometimes the only bootloader that works for enabling a wide variety of ATI cards. So please show some respect for developers who make such epic software open source and free for us to use and refrain from insulting them.

1 person likes this

@Devonic,

Agree bro but cool down. You know the frustration of losing a working Hackintosh just because of a bootloader. And as I saw he used some good words (lol) too so he got out of control for a moment seems.

@Devonic Of course I´m respecting these guys who worked so hard for all bootloaders and other programs and I admire them! But as said Aman, i was out of control for a moment. Sorry, it wasn´t written seriously. :)

EDIT: I booted using usb installer but still nothing. Still have kernel panic with - not mac version set

@10152638_284176268412548_1056442356_n.jp

@ It's okay :)

If you had a perfectly running hackintosh with Chameleon, you should be able to boot just fine with the Niresh Installer USB. Just check your flags or anything you might have missed.

I tried everythink. Lot of boot flags but nothin.

With chameleon I have a kernel panic and with Clover - this version of mac os is not supported on platform. ( p5w dh deluxe)

Any ideas? Except restoring system?

Maybe is problem in installed clover or chameleon? What about deleting clover and chameleon files from HDD with terminal? :) is it possible?

Thanks for your time

@ You could restore default chameleon's boot.plist files through terminal but the effectiveness of it is doubtful.

Just try re-installing the system with Chameleon selected as bootloader.

I want to try some thinks before re-installing.

I solved problem with another smbios, but now another problem.  STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE. I tried another usb port, npci=x2000, UseKernelCache=No cpus=1 and lot of another flags. Still nothin.

first of all check your Bios settings and also remove unwanted USB While installation ..

Im sorry but i click the picture and it doesnt show on my ipad 3

1 person likes this