Can't Boot USB Mavericks Installer
8 8

Question

Hello, i downloaded the Niresh's Mavericks Installer, i choose the .iso available on Kickass.to, i thought i would choose the .iso so i could work with it on Windows, and not have to worry about converting it from DMG, or anything else. I used Mac to create the USB Installer to begin with, i used the guide on this site, couldn't get the USB flash drive to boot though, i would choose my USB flash drive, it would start to load it i think, then it would just go to the start windows normally screen. I cannot get it to boot the USB for my life, next i tried using the windows program, Win32 Disk Imager, got everything loaded on the usb flash drive, doesn't boot, does exactly as before where itll just load windows. I cannot figure it out, i tried to boot using the USB on two different computers, i tired using both windows and mac to create the usb installer, the only thing i can think of is that i am using the .ISO and not the .DMG, does that make a difference, i know with Lion and Snow leopard when i would have a boot loader problem, it was as simple as installing Chameleon bootloader, but it wont let me do that since it has no free space on the flash drive(its actually only taking up the space the Mavericks DVD needs, the other space on the flash drive is unused space that i have no access too. Cause i know i have a big enough flash drive its 16GB)  Oh and the other thing i noticed, is when i am putting the Mavericks installer on the usb, it changes it from GUID, or MBR, to Apple Partitioning Disk or something. Is that what is causing it to not boot?  

16 answers to this question

First of all can you give your system specs

2 people like this

I got it working, downloaded the .dmg instead, maybe the .iso I downloaded got corrupted. But it's working now. How do I delete this post?

1 person likes this

I can delete the post if you want but is ok to keep it.and im glad you solve the issue

1 person likes this

hi i have the same problem as the other user, ended up downloading the iso file instead of the dmg because of an idiot on youtube. ive tried everything to boot from a usb, not possible, is there anything i could do?

I'm having the same problem using the dmg and i'm downloading now the iso to see if that makes a difference. Its just not booting for me in order to try to install. My specs are motherboard h77n-wifi and my cpu chip is i5 3330

@Genie did you try creating a bootable usb stick with the dmg? and what exactly is your problem, its doesnt seem to be the same as mine!

@Bela you can see the Bootloaderscreen, or not?

@Genie, what graphics card do you have? The HD2500 in your CPU is only tricky supported in OSX.. and it is not stable...

I've been searching a lot to install OSX Mavericks on my laptop  and unfortunately downloaded Niresh Iso file. when extracted into flash drive and boot from it, just shows "Missing Operating system", could you please show me how can i solve this problem?

I've been searching a lot to install OSX Mavericks on my laptop  and unfortunately downloaded Niresh Iso file. when extracted into flash drive and boot from it, just shows "Missing Operating system", could you please show me how can i solve this problem

You're supposed to write the OS X Mavericks ISO to your flash drive, not extract it. Did you see the tools in the download section (Win32Diskimager and usbit)? You can use those to write the image.

You're supposed to write the OS X Mavericks ISO to your flash drive, not extract it. Did you see the tools in the download section (Win32Diskimager and usbit)? You can use those to write the image.

Thanks for your recommendation. I did it. but it doesn't work . Finally I downloaded dmg file and it solved my problem.

1 person likes this

Hello!!!

I have an Installer ISSUE!!!! Downloaded both , .dmg and .iso... even tryed 3 different USB's,working on Windows 8.1... Images restored using Transmac and Win32image, never got passed BOOT 1

I have ACER E1-522 AMD A6-5200,HD8400,8GB RAM,1TB hdd... in BIOS set AHCI and all security erased.... Trying to boot in Legacy mode

PLEASE!!!! HELP ME!!!! NOT A NOOB!!! I had Intel based Mavericks before on HP Probook until sold it....

Hello!!!

I have an Installer ISSUE!!!! Downloaded both , .dmg and .iso... even tryed 3 different USB's,working on Windows 8.1... Images restored using Transmac and Win32image, never got passed BOOT 1

I have ACER E1-522 AMD A6-5200,HD8400,8GB RAM,1TB hdd... in BIOS set AHCI and all security erased.... Trying to boot in Legacy mode

PLEASE!!!! HELP ME!!!! NOT A NOOB!!! I had Intel based Mavericks before on HP Probook until sold it....

Just tryed 3 different USB's on another 2 machies and they are loading,even installing!!! Please HELP

Bonjour a tous , S'il vous plait, j'ai le meme probleme que javad Borhani, j'ai telecharger le fichier .ISO de 5,07 GO, puis je l'ai inscrit dans le lecteur flash de 16 GO avec win32..., au demarage, je recoit un message qui me fait comprendre que le boot est abcent, quelque chose de ce truc, puis, je l'ai reessaye avec usbit et j'obtient la meme chose. aide moi s;il vs plait parce qu'a present je n'ait meme plus de systeme sur ma machine. L'iso ne peut etre corompu, car je l'ai installe dans VMware chez un pot et ca marce a merveille, SVPPPPPPPPPPPP help

Hello!!!

I have acer Aspire v5 571g and am experiencing the same problem. if solved please post on http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/4030-niresh-installer-not-booting-from-usb-drive/

Hi,

I cant boot niresh maverick on my pc... i tried all option but i didnt my get bios AHCI.

I have HP 431 Notebook PC- i3 2.10 dual core, 8GB RAM. 1TB harddisk BIOS Name- Insyde ver F.37 

Please help i cant boot my USB.