Lenovo Y510p GT-750M
7 7

Question

Can my Nvidia Geforce GT-750M be activated on Mavs 10.9.2 ?

I have a Lenovo y510p dual gt-750m.

Greetings,

poseso

32 answers to this question

Greetings,

poseso

Did you manage to install mavericks on it ? I am searching many forums and no clue.

Since the hardware says yes, give it a shot.

If you make backups you have nothing to lose after all!

So did any one managed to install on y510p? i did install it, but no network neither on lan or wifi... it just doesnt show im connected

EDIT: So no one knows?

Hi, any news for nvidia gt 750m? He was able someone to install it?

Intel video card I managed to install.

Ah great!

Is your laptop working with Mavericks and GT750m SLI?

I have this laptop and I have Mavericks and Windows 8 on it. Mavericks works fine without the second video card, but if I put it in my computer, Mavericks does not start anymore. I dont know what I can do to solve this. :S

Lucas I just got it installed on my y510p as well ive got  triple boot going, if you find anything on getting it to boot with the second in let me know. also if you don't have a wifi adapter yet i recommend this one its great works like a chram I just installed the driver reboot and instant internet. http://www.edimax.com/en/support_detail.php?pd_id=347&pl1_id=1&pl2_id=

its only $8! http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-Adapter-Raspberry-Supports/dp/B003MTTJOY

Any way it works great but I also cant boot with second card in. I remember getting a nvidia pci7 message or something then it freezes is that what happens to you as well?

No one so far managed to install GT750 / 755M. If i start with the second plate (SLI) i have only 64mb video in Mavericks. I am tired of to remove the second card from the laptop when I want to start Mavericks.emoticon-0179-headbang.gif.pagespeed.ce.

No one so far managed to install GT750 / 755M. If i start with the second plate (SLI) i have only 64mb video in Mavericks. I am tired of to remove the second card from the laptop when I want to start Mavericks.<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//So

So is your Mavericks working with SLI fine? I cannot start mine if I have my second video card inside. If I have my second card inside it always freeze on load screen. My Mavericks just recognize HD Graphics :S. What did you do? I just wanna make that running with both video cards, I really do not care about the memory if it is working. I have windows in dual boot to play games, etc.

Lucas, Works but graphics 64 mb. If i remove the card works with 1024MB (1GB).I did nothing, I installed normally. I have windows 7.

P.S. I was wrong, I dont have 64 mb. I have 7MB. Using the settings nvidia video card but the laptop sees 0mb :)) FinalCut not go less than 128mb.

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

I saw, when I selected the pictures I did to make them automatic for web. When I get home I put pictures in high quality. Yes, the video card is in the laptop.(ultrabay)

Thank you man.

Did you install it using Unibeast or Myhack?

I used Unibeast and after that I just needed to install the bootloader, for most  things were working except for Sound and Wireless, but I have a wireless usb adapter and I use my bluetooth headphone to listen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone here a wireless sub adapter. Does anyone here know how do I connect to a network which needs login and password (802.1x) to access? i download the driver from realtek, but its software only offer option to type the password of the network and the net of my University requires also a login. Thus, I cannot connect unless if I use cable :S

I also tried to use the Airport Utility from Apple, but it does no recognize my usb adapter :S.

This is the link of my university tutorial for apple computers: http://www.wsu.edu/wirelessinfo/wireless/peap2mac.html

I saw, when I selected the pictures I did to make them automatic for web. When I get home I put pictures in high quality. Yes, the video card is in the laptop.(ultrabay)

Like  that I installed Mavericks.
2-   Install Win32 DiskImage
3-   Burn to usb maverick
4-   restart laptop and press F12
5-   boot from usb(Niresh Mavericks)
6-   press any key and write xpcm-free -f
7-   space next agree :)open Disk Utility select disk/partition select Erase write a name '' Macintosh HD '' format Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
8-   Close Disk Utility
9-   press customise select only CPU fake sensors in rest NOT uncheck anything
10- select disk/partition '' Macintosh HD '' and press install (20-24 min)
11- restart
12- press F12 and boot from disk/partition '' Macintosh HD '' with -x -f -v
13- press space, enter country, id, pass
14- open Terminal (disk/partition '' Macintosh HD '' / Applications / Utilities)
15- write in Terminal '' defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE '' enter '' killall Finder '' enter (To return to normal replace TRUE with FALSE)
16- enter in '' Macintosh HD '' delete mach_kernel and paste mach_kernel from attachment
17- open Terminal and write '' sudo -s '' enter / write pass (password is not visible when inserted) enter / write chown 0:0 /mach_kernel   enter/ chmod 755 /mach_kernel  enter / exit / enter
18- replace org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist (Macintosh HD / Extra)
19- open kext wizard (Applications / Kext Wizard)
20- install kext from attachment
21- copy from attachment and  paste dsdt. ssdt etc (Macintosh HD / Extra)
22- open and load with Chameleon wizard org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist
23- Check if selected squares org.chameleon.Boot.plist (see picture)
24- fix permission with kext wizard (tab 1, select squares enter)
Optional : To be sure, start Kext Utility and automatically repair.
25- restart and boot from Macintosh HD :)
Who wants the files, write me private message.

Lucas Reis

I'm sure can be made the video card work. I just do not know how :))

image.pngimage.pngGraphics card was connected permanently (ultrabay)image.pngimage.pnglll   :D  

What wireless usb adapter you have? I have a Edimax EW-7811UN, 802.11 b/g/n

and i have a kit (software and driver)

bogdangepe

I did not install mine using the niresh version. I have a Thinkpad Twist running Snow Leopard, so I downloaded Mavericks from Apple Store. I installed mine using Unibeast, and I did not need to use any flags, I just needed to patch my mach_kernel (I think you did the same)  to make this work on Haswell processors (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/114677-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html). I do not have this DSDT file, may you upload this to me? And may I see your  org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist files?

Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>HDAEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
	<string>03000000</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string> nvda_drv=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

and my smbios.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>Mac Pro</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacPro3,1</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>G8802VAT5J4</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And here is the print screen of my modules and extensions folders:

Modules: http://goo.gl/PYY8tC

Extensions: http://goo.gl/nZW3CJ

I am using TL-WN823N, but it only has drivers for Mountain Lion :/ I use a Realtek Utility but it does not give option to connect to networks which ask for login and password, just for password. :S

Greetings,

poseso

NO,NO POSSIBLE ACTIVATE AT THE MOMENT,BECAUSE bios insydeh2o IS BLOCKED.BELIEVE ME MANY PEOPLE WORKING ON IT and is a big risk try unlock bios at the moment.

Oh man,

I downloaded Niresh verson of Mavericks, and the good news is that I could install it without take out my second video card. However, After the reboot, when I should finish the installation, I typed "-x -f -v" to boot in "Macintosh HD", but I am getting stuck on load screen, to be specific, after load bluetooth. :S I think it is the video card :( It is the same problem that I was getting with my last installation of Mavericks if my second video card was inside the computer. I do not understood, I did everything that you said. :S I was really happy (I still am) when I could install it with my second video card inside.  

Take the second plate and continue the steps. But know that you can not do much with the second plate conected. As you can see is 0 mb

Okay, I will do this. If the OS X works with the video card even with 0mb or w/e, I will not care too much. At least, it is better than have to take the second video card out every time that I want to use OS X.

I am doing this because I wanna learn how to use a OS X. xD Windows has been very useful for me.

Did you update your OS X fine? I was using 10.9.4 and I saw that niresh version is 10.9.0.